Challenging, but not impossible: multi-work centre planning in production
For practical production sequence planning, in a nutshell, you need all relevant data and an intelligent evaluation of this data. Answered in more detail: A tool is needed that determines for each order,
- which material and/or which parts are needed,
- when the material/parts have to be at which work centre,
- which manufacturing processes are upstream and downstream,
- which rest and buffer times must be observed.
Pegging as relationship manager
Pegging is used to determine complex order structures even in the case of anonymous make-to-stock production. Only this enables optimisation of the entire production across all customer orders. The task is not trivial. It requires that unstructured individual orders become logical and coherent order chains. Complex algorithms check all order dependencies and calculate feasible production sequences. The software constantly determines other possible detailed production plans, compares the quality and offers the user an optimised plan at the end.
The right tool: GIB GXM FOX
This is exactly the task that the software tool GIB GXM FOX takes over. "FOX" stands for Factory Optimisation Excellence and consists of two essential elements,
- the production planning tool with the pegging function and
- the „optimiser“, i.e. the algorithm.
Conclusion: A tool with high utility value
With GIB GXM FOX, a holistic and comprehensive production sequence planning can be realised that brings high benefits for companies – in many ways. Production is accelerated, stagnations and interruptions are effectively avoided. The waste of precious resources is also prevented.
Further goals and advantages resulting from algorithm-based optimisation in production planning are:
- Ensuring adherence to delivery dates
- Continuous utilisation of existing production capacities
- Shorter lead times
- Reduction of stocks
- Permanent reduction of manufacturing costs
- Increasing the delivery readiness
- Reduction of CO2 emissions
You can find more information about GIB GXM FOX here.
Would you like to learn more about this topic? Then register now for our SCM symposium ifm SUCCESS DAYS 2023 and attend the presentation "Factory Optimisation Excellence – Optimising inside the supply chain" by Björn Knabe and Dr. Alexander Hoffmann on May 23 from 2:40 - 3:15 pm – on-site in Siegen or digitally.