G DATA Premieres at CeBIT 2008
New security solutions for notebooks and businesses
G DATA press conference
The G DATA press conference takes place on 3/4/2008 from 2:00 pm to 3:00 pm in the Convention Center, Room 17. G DATA will present its CeBIT tradeshow highlights during the press conference: G DATA NotebookSecurity and the new generation of G DATA business solutions.
G DATA will present its security survey in addition to product innovations.
Following the press conference, media representatives will have the opportunity to conduct informal, in-depth interviews during the press brunch with Dr. Dirk Hochstrate, G DATA board of directors (CTO) and Ralf Benzmüller, director of G DATA Security Labs.
G DATA highlights at CeBIT 2008
G DATA NotebookSecurity – data thieves don’t stand a chance
By now, two-thirds of all newly acquired PCs are notebooks. At the same time, notebooks need more protection than desktop PCs. In addition to the known threats of malware and hackers, notebook users are more likely to be faced with theft or loss of equipment. Data loss through an increased risk of hardware damage is also an important issue. G DATA NotebookSecurity is the first hardware/software combination that is specifically tailored to these threats. The new special solution combines G DATA InternetSecurity with backup, security tuning, data encryption, and a notebook lock. Thieves will find G DATA NotebookSecurity to be a hard nut to crack!
Key features of G DATA NotebookSecurity
- G DATA AntiVirus with virus blocker for emails, HTTP, and instant messaging.
- G DATA Personal Firewall: automatic protection during gaming
- G DATA TopSecret: data safe as a virtual device for the encryption of sensitive data; real time encryption with five algorithms
- G DATA SecurityLock: effective hardware protection for all notebooks with a lock slot
- G DATA Backup backs up data completely automatically; includes 1 GB of online storage
- G DATA Security Tuner
- G DATA AntiSpam / AntiPhishing
Prices and availability
The price for G DATA NotebookSecurity is in Germany EUR 59,95; a three-user version is available for EUR 79,95. The launch in Germany is on the first day of the CeBIT tradeshow, March 4th, 2008.
G DATA Business Solutions 9.0 – perfect for medium-sized businesses and now also for larger networks
The brilliant performance of the new G DATA business solutions also makes deployment in larger networks reasonable. Generation 9.0 impresses with new functions such as cascading, outage protection and job sharing on the server, signature rollback, Linux clients, and remote administration via a Web interface. According to the G DATA style: the simplest operation at the highest level of security.
The new technology is used both in G DATA AntiVirus and G DATA ClientSecurity (AntiVirus plus Firewall). As usual, both products are available as a business edition or as an enterprise edition with mail server protection.
All G DATA business solutions are Vista ready and also deployable under Windows 2000, XP, or Server 2003.
Overview of G DATA business solutions innovations
- Cascading, outage protection and job sharing of the server software
- Restoration of older signature states (snapshots)
- Fully integrated Linux clients (as Samba plugin)
- Remote administration via Web interface
- Supports IPv6, encrypted communication, and much more
Overview of new G DATA releases
- G DATA NotebookSecurity
- G DATA NotebookSecurity for three PCs
- G DATA AntiVirus Business 9.0
- G DATA AntiVirus Enterprise 9.0
- G DATA ClientSecurity Business 9.0
- G DATA ClientSecurity Enterprise 9.0
The CeBIT highlights will be presented in the 500 sq. meter G DATA arena (Stand H 12) in Hall 6.
Press releases you might also be interested in
Weitere Informationen zum Thema "Sicherheit":
Keine Zukunft für geschlossene Netzwerke
Lange dachte man ein geschlossenes System sei sicherer und besser geschützt vor externen Angriffen. Doch mit der zunehmenden Digitalisierung und Vernetzung wird in Unternehmen der Ruf nach agilen Netzwerken und Multi-Cloud immer lauter. Ein Umdenken findet statt und damit auch der Wille zum Wandel.Weiterlesen