60327 Frankfurt am Main, de
+49 (6151) 733-792
Newspaper publishers from 27 countries submitted their XMA projects on the topic of "cross-media advertising business"
IFRA XMA Cross Media Awards 2008: Top-ranking international jury now determining the prize winners
"Having looked through the projects now for the first time, we are absolutely enthusiastic about this year's entries", says Michael Heipel, project leader of the IFRA XMA Cross Media Awards and jury member. "The creativity applied at the publishing houses worldwide to avail of the possibilities of new media channels for advertisers is astounding. The connection of the print and online channels can now nearly be described as "traditional". But many projects go much further and include mobile services, out-of-home media as well as audiovisual elements. Especially exciting are the projects that incorporate local and regional events and therefore highly emotional communication platforms for their customers."
At present the projects are in the process of being evaluated by the international XMA Awards jury. The following criteria are being examined in the evaluation: basic idea, creativity and innovation, success of the projects, combined use of print and online as well as the incorporation of additional channels, such as mobile, out-of-home, events or TV/Radio.
The jury members for the IFRA XMA Cross Media Awards 2008 are:
- Annelies van den Belt, General Manager, Sup Fabrik, Russia;
- Theo Blanco, Senior Sales and Marketing Director, Upsala Nya Tidning, Sweden;
- Sven-Olof Bodenfors, Founder and Owner, Forsman & Bodenfors advertising agency, Sweden;
- Bob Cauthorn, CEO, City Tools, USA;
- Duncan Currall, CEO, South-West Media Group, United Kingdom;
- Jochen Dieckow, Business and New Media Research, IFRA, Germany;
- Fernando Gómez Carpentiero, CEO, Protec, Spain;
- Christina Gräf-Schlepütz, Managing Director, MPG Media Planning Group, Germany;
- Michael Heipel, Director of Exhibitions, IFRA, Germany;
- Klaus Kurz, Manager Business Development, Adobe Systems, Germany;
- Peter Ong, Consultant, Society for News Design, Australia;
- Dr. Dietmar Schantin, Director of Newsplex, IFRA, Germany;
- Volker Schütz, Chief Editor, Horizont, Germany;
- Cyrill Treptow, Partner, Information Architects Zürich, Switzerland.
The media convergence competition is being organised for the third time. All projects can be viewed on the IFRA website under www.ifra.com/xma and offer the possibility to learn from successful projects in other countries and to adapt good ideas. This year's winning projects will be presented at IFRA Expo 2008 in Amsterdam in a special exhibition from 27 to 30 October (www.ifraexpo.com).
IFRA XMA Cross Media Awards 2008 are sponsored by Adobe and Protec and supported by Atex, Funkinform and Nstein. The official publication is IFRA Magazine, media partner is Horizont.
For all further information, contact Raquel Meikle, IFRA XMA project team, either by phone +49.6151.733-927 or e-Mail email@example.com.
IFRA offers more information as well as services (events and training, projects and publications) on the topic of "cross-media advertising business" on its website www.ifra.com.
The use of information published here for personal information and editorial processing is generally free of charge. Please clarify any copyright issues with the stated publisher before further use. In the event of publication, please send a specimen copy to firstname.lastname@example.org.