Kronstadter Str. 4
81677 München, de
+44 (20) 7183-2834
Varonis Announces New Solution For Mastering Big Data
The Varonis® solution enables visibility, intelligence and control over the information stored within file shares and HP IBRIX X9000 Storage Systems
"With 80 percent of enterprise data unstructured (IDC) and residing in shared folders on file servers and NAS devices, it's never been more of an imperative for organizations to have visibility and control over who has access to their critical data, who's using their access, who owns the data and which data is sensitive," said David Gibson, Director of Strategy for Varonis. "The Varonis solution paired with HP IBRIX gives organizations the ability to identify their critical information and take immediate action to protect it while reducing the resources required to manage it."
Data governance solutions like DatAdvantage® and metadata frameworks such as the Varonis® Metadata Framework(TM) are a cost-effective way for organizations to better manage and protect their unstructured data by providing actionable intelligence on access controls, content, and access activity. Organizations can employ this metadata information to support IT initiatives such as entitlement reviews, compliance audits, data ownership identification, records management, domain and data migrations, consolidations, archiving and retention projects.
To see the Varonis and HP IBRIX solution in action, join Varonis on February 29 for a live demo and webinar: "Become a NAS Genius" which will show attendees how to automate data owner discovery, access control, and real-time auditing with the integrated solution from Varonis and HP. The live webinar will feature Gibson and Ray Pang, HP Worldwide NAS Product Line Marketing Manager, who will discuss best practices for:
- Gaining visibility into your permissions (set in Active Directory®, LDAP, SharePoint® and Exchange);
- Obtaining a detailed audit trail of every file and e-mail touch on your servers;
- Receiving recommendations to reduce access permissions without affecting user activity;
- Identifying data owners so they can be directly involved in the management and protection of their data;
- Getting sensitive content analysis so you can assess risk to your most critical data, allowing you to focus on high-priority areas for remediation;
Register for the webinar at http://go.varonis.com/l/7352/2012-02-16/5wqjw
ABOUT THE VARONIS® METADATA FRAMEWORK(TM)
Four types of metadata are critical for data governance:
- User and Group Information - from Active Directory, LDAP, NIS, SharePoint, etc.
- Permissions and File System Information - knowing who can access what data in which containers
- Access Activity - knowing which users do access what data, when and what they've done
- Sensitive Content Indicators - knowing which files contain items of sensitivity and importance, and where they reside
The Varonis Metadata Framework(TM) non-intrusively collects this critical metadata, generates metadata where existing metadata is lacking (e.g. its file system filters and content inspection technologies), preprocesses it, normalizes it, analyzes it, stores it, and presents it to IT administrators in an interactive, dynamic interface.
The use of information published here for personal information and editorial processing is generally free of charge. Please clarify any copyright issues with the stated publisher before further use. In the event of publication, please send a specimen copy to email@example.com.