Europark Fichtenhain B 15
47807 Krefeld, de
+32 (2) 41021-00
New CEO at TOSHIBA TEC Europe outlines Business Strategies for European region
In his new role, Mr Takao will be responsible for ensuring that the company's business divisions continue to expand as an effective platform for profitable growth. He will lead a European-wide sales organization that supports operations in 35 countries as one of the region's most respected solution providers in the Retail and Auto ID markets.
"Our strategy is simple: to innovate, optimize and grow," said Mr Takao. "We have outlined a strong plan to execute that strategy. Over the past two years, we maintained our focus on growing our business and creating a lower cost infrastructure that continues to strengthen our balance sheet, boost productivity and increase gross margins. Simultaneously, we've continued to lead the industry in developing innovative products and solutions that clearly differentiate our company, increase our value and expand business opportunities for our customers and partners. My job is to ensure my team builds on these successes."
Mr Takao has over 20 years of experience with TOSHIBA TEC, first in Japan then joining the executive team at the company's manufacturing facility in Singapore. Here, at the world's largest retail industry hardware manufacturing plant, he led a successful governance process to prioritize and manage projects, and developed a more efficient manufacturing infrastructure that reduced expenses while enhancing service and productivity.
TOSHIBA TEC Europe's Strategic Objectives include:
1. Strengthen Europe's Sales Management organization - align business resources to better service and support customers and business partners and become a more strategic sales organization.
Under the leadership of Mr Takao, TOSHIBA TEC Europe will continue to focus on five key sales & marketing areas:
- Customer Solutions in Europe's Retail, Auto ID markets
- Indirect Sales Channel Development
- Third-Party Maintenance Services
- Marketing and Pricing Operations
- Development of new Markets
In addition, the Product Marketing team -- which resides within the European Marketing Group -- will focus on the key services, technology and resources that customers demand most.
2. Improve overall customer and business partner engagements within all levels of the company; building high-impact go-to-market strategies and tactics that drive results.
Under the continued leadership of Angel de Juan, European Director Auto ID & Printer Division, the Auto ID & Printer Division team will quickly identify trends and challenges facing vertical industry segments -- ultimately delivering more meaningful results for business partners and customers. The five focus areas include:
- Security and Mobility (Wireless)
- RFID applications and their costs and benefits
- Inventory Management including Demand/Supply Synchronization
- Reduce Cost of Theft
- Integration with all tracking systems (Ordering, Pricing, Returns)
3. Expand offerings within the Healthcare, Government and Supply Chain verticals and introduce new vertical business solutions for the Manufacturing and Retail markets.
4. Identify and Grow New Businesses Optimize infrastructure and continue to refine business practices to expand in new and emerging growth markets such as:
- Public Sector
- Radio Frequency Identification (RFID)
- Advanced Retail operations
5. Under the continued leadership of Shuichi Asano, European Director, TOSHIBA TEC Services division will further develop and expand Third-Party Maintenance Services Offerings to include:
- Improved professional services -- including fast delivery of spare parts and components, long-term service agreements, overhaul, repair and leasing of ICT equipment.
- Invest in field resources, cross-trained technical support offerings -- bringing more value to the customer and helping them identify profitable business opportunities and technical solutions.
- Expand focus on new market segments, training, education and business resources -- emphasizing the importance of specialization, partnership and support.
"Our targeted approach to capture sales and business opportunities in high-potential markets such as Retail and Auto ID as well as establishing ourselves in new market segments will continue to pay off for us in Europe," Mr Takao said. "Diversifying our business model, building our service offerings and strengthening our core will remain critical to our success in 2010 and beyond. Combined with our ongoing global business improvement efforts, we expect to grow our existing European business, capture new business and in some cases recapture profitable business that we may have lost to competitors."
The use of information published here for personal information and editorial processing is generally free of charge. Please clarify any copyright issues with the stated publisher before further use. In the event of publication, please send a specimen copy to firstname.lastname@example.org.