Texas Instruments introduces lowest cost DSP development tool at $49 with full emulation capabilities and extensive development environment
New eZdsp(TM) USB stick eases creation of audio, voice, medical and other portable applications(PresseBox) ( Houston, )
Comparable to the size of a stick of gum, the C5505 eZdsp stick simplifies development by providing integrated features such as an on-board XDS100 emulator and on-board audio codec and connectors. Taking advantage of the energy efficient C5505 DSP, the eZdsp requires no other components or cables allowing the entire development tool to be powered by the USB port. Designers simply plug into the USB port of any laptop or workstation for hassle-free development and a simple out-of-the-box experience.
TI will offer training and demonstrations of the C5505 eZdsp USB stick at ESC Boston on September 23 in room 204 from 1:15 p.m. - 2:45 p.m.
C5505 eZdsp USB stick development tool key features and benefits:
- Based on the C5505 processor, the industry's lowest power 16-bit DSP with active power consuming less than 0.15 mW/MHz and standby power less than 0.15 mW
- Low price point at $49 eliminates cost concerns or barrier to entry
- Integrated XDS100 emulator provides complete debug capabilities and visibility inside the processor for algorithm optimization and benchmarking
- On-board audio codec and connectors allow developers to evaluate many features of the C5505 processor and quickly optimize complex DSP algorithms in terms of performance and power consumption across a variety of design scenarios
- Extension connector allows developers to design and directly connect to daughter cards suitable for their application
- Unique form factor plugs into any laptop or workstation, conserving test bench space
- Simplifies development tools setup by eliminating power and interface cables
- Includes the complete Code Composer Studio(TM) version 4 integrated development environment (IDE) free of charge
- Stereo line in and headphone out connectors making it possible to evaluate many DSP algorithms and listen to them
- Users can easily migrate to TI's C5505 evaluation module that offers additional extensive evaluation options
- Makes DSP evaluation and development easy and accessible
Pricing and availability
The feature-rich C5505 eZdsp USB stick development tool is available now at the low cost of USD $49, which includes a full XDS100 emulator and a target version of the industry-leading CCStudio v.4. Special incentives are available for educators, university students and developers actively participating in TI's online community.
The C5000 platform is supported by TI's extensive Developer Network, as well as a complete chip support library, comprehensive application notes, reference designs, application guides, videos and online communities.
Find out more about TI's extensive C5505 eZdsp USB stick and C5505 DSP portfolio by visiting the links below:
- eZdsp USB stick development tool product folder: www.ti.com/c5505ezdsp-prprod-we
- Support: www.ti.com/c5505ezdsp-prsupport
- C5505 data sheet: www.ti.com/c5505ezdsp-prdatasheet
- C5000 DSP product folder: www.ti.com/c5505ezdsp-prhome
Code Composer Studio is a trademark of Texas Instruments. All other trademarks and registered trademarks belong to their respective owners.
Kundensupport-Zentrum Europa: www.ti.com/ww/de/contact.html
Gebührenfreie Rufnummer für Europa (ECSC): 00800-ASK-TEXAS (00800-275-83927)
TI E2E Community: https://community.ti.com/
Folgen Sie TI auf http://twitter.com/TXInstrumentsDE