1185 Amstelveen, nl
+44 (1580) 241177
Screen launches major upgrade to Trueflow 3
Trueflow 3 is the heart of the Trueflow Suite of products within Screen's fully JDF-enabled Trueflownet environment, which encompasses a range of interconnected activities that integrate Screen software with a wide range of complementary third party products. The Trueflow Suite increases prepress productivity by integrating file checking, colour conversion, OPI, trapping, imposition, intelligent RGB conversion and RIPping within a fully automated workflow designed both to drive optimised computer-to-plate (CtP) production and digital printing presses. At the heart of the Trueflow Suite is Trueflow 3, a fully-automated PDF/JDF prepress workflow which can automatically communicate with any JDF-enabled MIS system.
Trueflow 3 version 4 is a major upgrade that improves overall workflow efficiency and provides a high degree of centralised control to production managers. Key new features include:
- PageOptimize: an easy to use optimisation tool that enables users to combine multiple jobs or pages of varying sizes onto a single sheet ready for CtP production. Unique to Screen, this feature improves production efficiency, cuts waste and, as a result, associated costs.
- Versioning: a useful function when creating different language versions of an identical document. Multiple data layers are collected, combined and easily output. This facility also acts a double burn when black overprint is replaced on a master.
- Double sided printing support: a quick and easy way to proof any job as page pairs on a desktop printer direct from a 4 or 8 page imposition within Trueflow 3. Ideal for previewing samples of brochures, catalogues and books.
- PageInspect: this new option allows operators to check and confirm any corrections made to pages during prepress very quickly. The onscreen check is made after processing but before imposition and ensures error-free output.
- Integrated proofing control: Users can now link directly to Screen's LabProof SE proofing system direct from within Trueflow to enhance workflow set up and automation in a fully-supported JDF environment. Job-specific proofing requirements included within the Trueflow 3 job ticket at set up to generate proofs at the relevant stage, automatically and accurately.
- Automatic job archiving: Multi-level archiving tasks can now be managed directly from within Trueflow 3. Users simply set archiving requirements within the job ticket and the process is handled automatically once processing is complete from one or more Trueflow 3 stations. Trueflow is unique in that it produces fully PDF X/1a and PDFX/3 compliant Outline PDFs where the content is converted into vectors and all parameters are fixed. Files are guaranteed to be accurate in terms of content and colour every time and can easily be re-purposed for other devices such as proofers and digital presses. Consequently, Trueflow is the ideal workflow to drive mixed litho and digital printing departments.
"Trueflow 3 is a very powerful workflow with a high degree of flexibility and automation, and in this latest and major upgrade we have introduced several new features that provide important levels of control and efficiency," says Tim Taylor, Marketing Manager, Screen Europe. "From an extensive choice of features, users can fine tune a workflow that suits their specific production needs perfectly and processes tasks at speed with the minimum of manual intervention." Trueflow 3 v4 is available immediately from all Screen suppliers.
Within Trueflownet different modules can be combined to create customised solutions for commercial printing, newspapers, packaging and digital printing. Trueflownet software modules are categorised into Suites that share a common user interface:Rite Suite (Customer management): a range of software that helps integrate the creative stage with production.; Trueflow Suite (Production Management): a sophisticated set of prepress production tools and the heart of Trueflownet; Color Suite (Quality Management) : helps ensure that the highest quality results are achieved - even if those involved have little or no knowledge of colour reproduction.
The use of information published here for personal information and editorial processing is generally free of charge. Please clarify any copyright issues with the stated publisher before further use. In the event of publication, please send a specimen copy to firstname.lastname@example.org.