79098 Freiburg, de
+49 (761) 59018-181
Chillax! The World's Best-Selling Oxford Advanced Leaner's Dictionary 8th Edition is Now Available as a BlackBerry, iOS, Android and Windows Phone App!
Up-to-date vocabulary includes new words such as "staycation," "podcast," "WAG" plus audio pronunciation, full-colour illustrations and customizable screens!
With up-to-date vocabulary, the Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary app is perfect for reading in English on the Internet, communicating for business, travel, or studying English at school or university. The latest words to come into the language, such as "chillax" (chill out and relax), "staycation" (staying at home on a vacation), podcast (iphone and broadcast), or acronyms such as WAG (wives and girlfriends) are included and explained in the app to equip the smartphone user with the most up-to-date vocabulary.
cloud computing n.
tweet vb., n. (new "Twitter" sense)
- Listen to real British and American voices pronounce words, with no Internet access required
- Access spoken sentence audio online, or download all 116,000 example sentences to listen offline (approximately 430MB each for British and American sentences)
- 184,500 words, phrases and meanings explained clearly
- 198,500 example sentences
- 57,000 synonyms, opposites and related words - find words with similar or opposite meanings in the integrated Thesaurus
- Learn words in their natural context with over 83,000 collocations (words that go together) included
- Use Full Dictionary Search to find your word in any phrase or example sentence in the dictionary
- Use the Oxford 3000(TM) keyword entries to learn the most important words in English
- Find the Academic Word List words easily - they are all labelled
- View and enlarge 1,300 illustrations to build your topic vocabulary
- Study usage notes, verb forms, and word origins
- All the dictionary text is live -- tap to instantly look up any word
- Use My View to choose how much information appears on your screen - hide IPA, example sentences, pictures, synonyms, etc. - tap to show the full entry again
- Bookmark your Favourite entries to easily find them again
Requirements: BlackBerry devices with OS 5.0.0 and higher.
Availability: Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary is available for $29.99 from the BlackBerry App World
Previously released Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary for Android(TM) , Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary for iPad® and iPhone®, and for Windows® Phone at http://Windows® phone.com/s?appId=ad82bdf2-1485-4e24-a355-d0007177e889
About Oxford University Press
Oxford University Press is a department of the University of Oxford. It furthers the University's objective of excellence in research, scholarship, and education by publishing worldwide. OUP is the world's largest university press, with a wide global reach. It currently publishes more than 6,000 new publications a year, has a presence in around fifty countries, and employs more than 5,000 people worldwide. It has become familiar to millions through a diverse publishing programme that includes scholarly works in all academic disciplines, bibles, music, school and college textbooks, children's books, materials for teaching English as a foreign language, business books, dictionaries and reference books, and academic journals.
To find out more about Oxford University Press please visit www.oup.com. To find out about OUP's English Language Teaching publications please visit www.oup.com/elt.
For more information or queries about the OALD please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Die Nutzung von hier veröffentlichten Informationen zur Eigeninformation und redaktionellen Weiterverarbeitung ist in der Regel kostenfrei. Bitte klären Sie vor einer Weiterverwendung urheberrechtliche Fragen mit dem angegebenen Herausgeber. Bei Veröffentlichung senden Sie bitte ein Belegexemplar an email@example.com.