5 Speen Street
01701 Framingham, us
+39 (02) 28457-367
IDC's European Vertical Markets Team Unveils the Hot Topics That Are Shaping ICT Demand in 2010-2011
"With cautiousness dominating their buying behavior, Western European companies will look for trusted ICT partners to help them solve specific business issues," said Giuliana Folco, vice president, IDC European Vertical Markets. "For companies in all verticals, including the public sector's, risk transparency and shortterm, demonstrable ROI will be essential requirements."
Leveraging preliminary European Vertical Markets 2010 survey results and IDC's continuous monitoring of companies' buying behavior, this study provides a guide on how business issues will change ICT demand over the next several years.
IDC predicts IT spending growth will be flat in 2010 in Western Europe, before recovering moderately in 2011. For both years, Western European companies will show the weakest ICT demand worldwide, confirming the historically slower increase in investment of Western Europe versus other regions (especially the U.S.) in postrecessionary periods. Nonetheless, major findings from this study highlight opportunities that are evident in all sectors:
- Communications (driven by spending in network infrastructure in telecommunication services) will outperform the market average. Utilities will also show higher than average growth, while finance and government, which together account for more than one third of total IT spending in the business segment, will grow on average less than 1% in the next two years.
- Organizations in finance, government, healthcare, business services, and energy will deal with compliance issues more than companies in other verticals.
- Customercentric strategies will drive demand in transport, telecommunications, and distribution.
- An increased focus on operational excellence along the supply chain and plant operations will characterize Western European manufacturers.
The study, Hot Topics Shaping ICT Demand in Western European Verticals in 2010 and 2011 (Doc #M54S / July 2010), by Giuliana Folco, Angela Vacca, Nina Bonagura and Serena Da Rold, leverages the preliminary results of the Western European vertical market survey 2010 and highlight the key business issues that are affecting buying behaviors of companies in different vertical markets in Western Europe. Issues have been grouped in 4 areas:
- Regulation, covering compliance with regulatory requirements
- Customer innovation, covering not only initiatives aimed at improving marketing strategies and enhancing customer services and loyalty, but also initiatives aimed at the launch of new products and services
- Supply chain and sales efficiency improvement, covering initiatives aimed at streamlining the supply chain and the procurement process as well as at enhancing productivity and sales improvements IT and energy efficiency, combining initiatives aimed at improving
- IT organization responsiveness with projects around energy efficiency, driven green considerations.
This report is available for purchase at www.idc.com
Die Nutzung von hier veröffentlichten Informationen zur Eigeninformation und redaktionellen Weiterverarbeitung ist in der Regel kostenfrei. Bitte klären Sie vor einer Weiterverwendung urheberrechtliche Fragen mit dem angegebenen Herausgeber. Bei Veröffentlichung senden Sie bitte ein Belegexemplar an email@example.com.