225 S. Lake Ave., Ste. 300
CA 91101 Pasadena, us
+1 (408) 228-3468
Foremay to Ship World's Fastest 1.8" SSD
Foremay, Inc., a leader of technology innovation in solid state drives and one of the world's Top 10 SSD OEMs, today announced shipment of slim SSDs with standard 1.8" micro SATA SSD interfaces. The 5mm SSD is small in size but has high speed and high capacity. With read/write speeds of 280 MB/s, random read/write IOPS at 4KB up to 30,000/15,000, and jumbo capacity up to 400GB, the thin SSD is the fastest SSD in a 1.8" form factor, and it is capable of being deployed not only in high end laptops, but also in industrial PC, HPC and enterprise servers.
"The length of our new 1.8" SATA SSD is actually 7mm less than an American Express credit card," said Jason Hoover, Foremay's VP Marketing. "By offering both commercial and industrial operating temperatures, the 1.8" SATA SSD empowers design engineers with great flexibility and easy use for designing the next generation of slim and compact size computers for commercial, enterprise and industrial applications."
In additional to the 5mm SSD offered with its SC199 and EC188 product families, Foremay also offers a similar design in an even thinner model with its OC177 product family that has a thickness of only 3.3 mm.
Some applications of the slim 1.8" SSD include:
- Rugged Laptops, UMPCs and Tablet PCs
- Industrial / Embedded PCs
- High End Commercial Laptops and PCs
- Compact Systems for Vehicles and Aerospace Applications
- Handheld Medical Equipment
- Handheld Video/Audio Recorders
- Vehicle In-Motion GPS Navigation and Entertainment Systems
- Gaming, Ticketing and Entertainment Machines
- Mission Critical Applications
- High Reliability and Heavy Duty Telecom System Clients
- High Reliability and High Speed/IOPS Banking System Terminals
- High Reliability and High IOPS Stock / Security Exchange Terminals
- HPC/Laptops for Graphics Design, EAD, Architecture Design, and IC design
1.8" Micro SATA Slim SSD Availability
The slim 1.8" micro SATA SSD drives are now shipping in volume with Foremay's SC199, EC188 and OC177 product families. The SC199 features industrial operating temperatures, a 5mm thickness, and metal housing; the EC188 is for commercial operating temperatures with a 5mm thickness and metal housing; and the OC177 features a 3.3 mm thick housing-free design for both commercial and industrial operating temperatures. For more information about Foremay's 1.8" micro SATA slim SSDs, please contact email@example.com
Foremay®, Foremay logo®, Green Technologies® and SC199TM, EC188TM and OC177TM are all registered trademarks of Foremay, Inc. Any product name of another company or organization mentioned is the property or trademark of its respective owner.
The use of information published here for personal information and editorial processing is generally free of charge. Please clarify any copyright issues with the stated publisher before further use. In the event of publication, please send a specimen copy to firstname.lastname@example.org.