Business figures for the first quarter of 2014: Basler lays convincing foundation for 2014(PresseBox) (Ahrensburg, )
- Incoming orders: Euro 19.3 million (previous year: Euro 17.6 million, +10 %)
- Sales: Euro 17.2 million (previous year: Euro 15.1 million, +14 %)
- Earnings before interest and taxes (EBIT): Euro 2.3 million (previous year: Euro 2.0 million, +15 %)
- Earnings before taxes (EBT): Euro 1.9 million (previous year: Euro 1.8 million, +6 %)
- EBT-margin: 11 % (previous year: 12 %)
BASLER AG, one of the leading global manufacturers of industrial cameras, is presenting today final figures for the first three months of 2014.
In the first quarter of the fiscal year 2014, the group's incoming orders amounted to Euro 19.3 million (previous year: Euro 17.6 million, +10 %). The group's sales amounted to Euro 17.2 million, and were 14 % above the previous year's figure of Euro 15.1 million. The gross profit margin increased to 50.6 % (previous year: 50.3 %). The earnings before taxes (EBT) for the group increased by 6 % to Euro 1.9 million (previous year: Euro 1.8 million). The pre-tax return rate amounted to 11 % (previous year: 12 %).
"We are pleased to have laid a solid foundation for the fiscal year 2014 along our planning. We implemented the intended steps for our planned growth and again grew stronger than the image processing industry. Furthermore, we actively continue to invest in our growth. This major progress proves that Basler AG is determinedly moving towards its medium-term sales goal of Euro 100 million", said Hardy Mehl, Chief Financial Officer.
For 2014, the company continues to plan within a sales corridor of Euro 70 - 74 million at an EBT-margin between 8 - 10 %.
The full three-month report 2014 can be seen on the company's website (www.baslerweb.com).