67056 Ludwigshafen, de
BASF at Foam Expo Europe for the first time
Wide range of polyurethane systems and specialty foams for household, sports, automotive, aviation and construction
BASF will exhibit the following products and customized solutions:
- Basotect®: flexible, open-cell foam made from the duroplastic material melamine resin, with excellent sound absorption properties, low weight, high temperature resistance and low flammability for building and construction, transport and cleaning applications
- CosyPur®: multi-functional, breathable and elastic molded flexible foam made of polyurethane for mattresses, pillows and orthopedic products
- Elastocoat® C: high-tech spray gel based on PU for cool mattresses
- Infinergy®: expanded thermoplastic polyurethane (E-TPU) with high elasticity, excellent rebound and outstanding durability for sports and work shoes, bicycle saddles, tennis rackets and other applications in sports
- Neopolen®: polypropylene foam (EPP) with high energy absorption and good resilience for impact-loaded parts in automotive construction, for reusable packaging and transport containers as well as for lightweight and durable toys and sports equipment
- Ultrason® particle foam: the world’s first particle foam based on polyethersulfone (PESU) for complex-shaped components in cars, aircraft and trains, which require excellent mechanics together with the ability to withstand high operating temperatures and meet stringent fire safety standards.
BASF: Extensive expertise in foams
BASF has an outstanding expertise in foams that are successfully used in numerous industries. In 1951, the company patented the first particle foam ever: Styropor® (expandable polystyrene: EPS). BASF is also a pioneer in the field of polyurethane systems (PU) and is continually expanding its PU portfolio for a wide range of applications. Parallel to this, the company has established other world-first high-performance foams on the market: e.g. Basotect®, an open-cell foam made from melamine resin, the polypropylene foam (EPP) Neopolen® and Infinergy®, the first expanded thermoplastic polyurethane (E-TPU), which has been causing a sensation in the sports industry.
For more information please visit: plastics.basf.com/FoamExpo
Receive the latest press releases from BASF via WhatsApp on your smartphone or tablet. Register for our news service at basf.com/whatsapp-news.
About BASF’s Performance Materials division
BASF’s Performance Materials division encompasses the entire materials’ know-how of BASF regarding innovative, customized plastics under one roof. Globally active in four major industry sectors – transportation, construction, industrial applications and consumer goods – the division has a strong portfolio of products and services combined with a deep understanding of application-oriented system solutions. Key drivers of profitability and growth are our close collaboration with customers and a clear focus on solutions. Strong capabilities in R&D provide the basis to develop innovative products and applications. In 2018, the Performance Materials division achieved global sales of €7.65 bn. More information online: www.plastics.basf.com.
The use of information published here for personal information and editorial processing is generally free of charge. Please clarify any copyright issues with the stated publisher before further use. In the event of publication, please send a specimen copy to firstname.lastname@example.org.