81379 München, de
+49 (89) 452278 - 0
Autodesk Releases New Version of Maya Personal Learning Edition Software
The Maya PLE software provides an integrated learning path that orients new users and guides them through a series of documentation and tutorials. Beginners are also directed to books, DVDs, classroom training options, and events and seminars that can assist in their learning. Additional tutorials, as well as free shaders, models and sample scene files are available on Area, the Autodesk Media & Entertainment community portal, at www.the-area.com.
The majority of features found in the commercial version of Maya Complete 8.5 are offered in the Maya PLE, including:
• Modeling (NURBS, polygons, subdivision surfaces)
• Character rigging and animation technology, including full body Inverse Kinematics (IK)
• Advanced Maya Trax non-linear animation editor
• Full dynamics system including soft and rigid body dynamics
• Complete particle system
• Maya Paint Effects
• Maya Artisan brush-based interface
• Toon shading capabilities
• Adobe Photoshop integration and Adobe Illustrator connectivity
• Four renderers: Maya software, hardware, vector and mental ray for Maya renderer
• Comprehensive documentation
• The ability to import and export FBX files to and from Autodesk MotionBuilder 7 PLE
The Autodesk Maya PLE is a 32-bit application that is available for the Microsoft Windows XP Professional and Apple Mac OS X (for Macintosh Power PC or Intel-based Macintosh computers) operating systems. For a free download of the Autodesk Maya PLE, visit: www.autodesk.com/maya-trial.
The use of information published here for personal information and editorial processing is generally free of charge. Please clarify any copyright issues with the stated publisher before further use. In the event of publication, please send a specimen copy to firstname.lastname@example.org.