Atex Web CMS Live at Glacier Media(PresseBox) (Reading (UK), )
Glacier Media selected the Atex Web CMS powered by Polopoly technology as the next generation platform to host its news media websites, mobile sites and tablet channels. The first site to go live on the Atex platform was TimesColonist.com, the leading news and information website serving Victoria, British Columbia and Vancouver Island. The Times Colonist is recognized provincially and nationally with numerous awards for investigative reporting, editorials and beat coverage. The TimesColonist.com website delivers breaking news and multimedia content to readers 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
In launching the Atex Web CMS, Glacier Media implemented several important and customer-focused digital capabilities, including:
- Responsive design, a web design and development process that enables users to access the Times Colonist website with a consistent, engaging and tailored experience from any tablet, mobile, laptop or desktop device.
- An embedded video player from Brightcove.
- A new metered paywall supporting access to premium content.
- Content integration with third-party providers of online investment fund information and business news.
- New features expected in Q1 include: Native mobile apps and integrated blogging.
Glacier plans to add up to 19 more sites on the Atex platform in the coming months.
Glacier VP of Digital, Paul Hecht commented: "We continue to be pleased by the potential of the Atex platform. We are even more pleased with the service we have received from the core Atex team. Considering our tight time frame, Atex really stepped up and differentiated itself as a service oriented vendor and helped to ensure an on time delivery."
Atex Project Manager, Dario Monforte, identifies teamwork as one of the main ingredients for making this project successful: "Times Colonist is the first of the Glacier properties to go live on Atex Web CMS, with many more to follow over the coming months. We had to work under an extremely tight timeline and this project was successful due to the excellent team effort between the combined Times Colonist, Glacier Media, and Atex team."
For more information about the Atex Web CMS platform powered by Polopoly technology, please write to email@example.com or visit www.atex.com.