Wunderlich had promised to unveil its range for the 1250 series GS and RT at EICMA, which was being held just four weeks later. And they kept their word!
Frank Hoffmann, Managing Director at Wunderlich, and Felix Wunderlich, Authorised Officer, unveiled the extensive range at the press conference. The 1250-series product portfolio for the most powerful and efficient GS will of course cover every aspect of Wunderlich‘s areas of specialisation: ergonomics & comfort, all-round protection, luggage solutions, Wunderlich suspension and other accessories too! For over 33 years, these have represented Wunderlich‘s core areas of expertise and its products have impressed ever since with their integrated design and superlative functionality. All of the products are being developed and manufactured in line with Wunderlich’s principles of integrated design, clever functionality, premium quality and “Made in Germany”. And let‘s not forget: They also promise simply more enjoyment from driving!
The GS impresses even in its series version thanks to its excellent touring capabilities, but the sophisticated components from Wunderlich make it a real long-distance marvel. The ERGO seats are utterly legendary, allowing enormous distances to be covered without fatigue, while touring screens and flaps provide the ultimate in wind protection for the driver and passenger. The handlebar, brake and clutch levers can be ergonomically adjusted to highly individual and changing needs, just like the foot rests. If the worst happens, the GS offers demonstrable all-round protection from costly damage. To assist with this, Wunderlich has developed its own engine protection bar complete with extension, which very effectively protects the new ShiftCam cylinder head. And the touring model‘s extensive luggage options have been expanded even further with the additional solutions from Wunderlich.
Whether it be for navigation or to enhance the look, an additional headlight or headlight guard, additional mirror or additional trim panels, the components from Wunderlich impress and satisfy every requirement. Even now, in parallel with the delivery of the first available machines, Wunderlich is offering an immense selection of components to match the new BMW R 1250 GS! Other components are currently undergoing testing and development. The entire product range can be found at www.bmw-r1250gs.com, in Wunderlich’s online shop and of course at Wunderlich’s premises in Sinzig! If you‘d like to take a peek at the Wunderlich GS, the international EICMA motorbike fair in Milan at the start of November will provide plenty of opportunities to do so.
Here is a small selection of the exclusive products from Wunderlich for the BMW R 1250 GS:
- 41970-011 Wunderlich »ERGO« handlebar riser - 25mm
- 41970-111 Wunderlich »ERGO+« handlebar riser - 40mm
- 25910-20x Wunderlich »ERGO-Comfort« low footrest
- 26000-101 Wunderlich passenger lowering
- 27380-100 Wunderlich side stand enlarger
- 42710-20x Wunderlich »MARATHON« windscreen
- 42710-30x Wunderlich »MARATHON« windscreen incl. screen reinforcement
- 42721-002 Wunderlich lowering kit for driver‘s seat
- 42742-102 Wunderlich set of frame caps, 11-piece
- 21083-002 Wunderlich glare protection for Connectivity Display - black
- 42720-xxx Wunderlich »AKTIVKOMFORT« seat
- 44940-00x Wunderlich »ERGO« hand guard extension - black or smoked grey
- 20420-402 Wunderlich folding headlight protection grill
- 26660-300 Wunderlich »CLEAR« headlight protector - black
- 27910-20x Wunderlich »CLEAR PROTECT« foot guard - transparent or smoked grey
- 20350-002 Wunderlich Paralever crash pad »DOUBLESHOCK« - black
- 20351-002 Wunderlich Kardan guard - black
- 40821-102 Wunderlich Splash guard - black
- 27830-100 Wunderlich »EXTENDA FENDER« - front