"As the leading innovation platform for wearable technologies, we are proud to host these innovative companies in the health sector. The market is ready to cross the chasm and will see a vast growth in the next few years, exceeding 40% per year," says Christian Stammel, CEO and Founder Wearable Technologies Group.
The health and fitness markets have seen many new very sophisticated and more functional wearables, and there is much more to the wearable market than "just" wristbands.
Companies are introducing new medical devices and technologies every day, artificial limbs and nanotechnology as well as devices to diagnose and monitor diseases and help a patient's rehabilitation.
This is all the more reason to exhibit at MEDICA. Some exciting new products showcased at the WTshow include Evena Medical's wearable imaging system Eyes-On™ Glasses for precision IV placement, or Corehab's Riablo a rehabilitation software based on games. These are just two of many innovative companies at the WTshow; the booth is divided into several subject areas, including:
- Telehealth and Patient Monitoring: BodyTel (www.bodytel.com), CSEM (www.csem.ch), WINMedical (http://www.winmedical.com/en), and Biovotion (http://www.biovotion.ch/).
- Smart / Interactive Clothing: AiQ (www.aiqsmartclothing.com) and Alpha-Fit (http://www.alpha-fit.de/en).
- Indoor Tracking: 9Solutions (www.9solutions.com)
- Treatment Solutions: 4DForce (http://4dforce.com/).
- Rehabilitation: CoRehab (www.corehab.com), Idrogenet (http://gloreha.com/...), and TMG-BMC (http://www.tmg-bodyevolution.com).
- Enabling Technologies: LAIRD Technologies (http://www.lairdtech.com/...), EXEL (www.exelmicroel.com/), VARTA Microbattery (http://www.varta-microbattery.com/...)
- Wearable Diagnostic Tools: Imec and Holst Centre (www.imec.be), and Evena Medical (www.evenamed.com)
- Emergency Phone: MaxCom (www.maxcom.pl).
- Fitness & Well-Being: Withings (www.withings.com)