Wireless Broadband Innovation Awards 2008 - Now Open for Entry
The finalists for the 2 achievement categories have been preselected by the judges board and are now open for public voting. Last years finalists received over 2.900 individual votes from industry experts worldwide.
The Wireless Broadband Innovation Awards enter their 5th year with an official call for entry to the 2008 programme today. The awards deadline is 21th March 2008. Recognising best in wireless broadband class services in technology areas line WiFi WiMAX and VoIP, the Wireless Broadband Awards 2008 will be presented at a spectacular ceremony dinner in London next May.
"These awards celebrate the very best achievements in an industry that continues to push back the boundaries on a daily basis," said Michael Gebert, Organizer of the WBI Awards. "The categories for 2008 have been specially designed to recognise the wealth of innovation and ingenuity from all corners of our eco-system that contribute to the continued growth, diversity and vitality of wireless broadband communications."
The awards will be judged by independent analysts, journalists and subject matter experts, the winners will be announced on 21th May 2008 at a gala dinner in London, during the Mobile Broadband World Congress. The 2008 categories are as follows:
WiFi Award Category
- Best WiFi Product or Service
- Best Wireless Broadband Mobility Solution
- Best Wireless Broadband Security Innovation
WiMAX Award Category
- Best WIMAX Product or Service
VoIP Award Category
- Best VoIP Product or Service
- Individual Achievement in Wireless Broadband
- Most Innovative Wireless Broadband Company
Full category, rules, entry forms and details about the gala dinner can be found at www.wbiawards.com
The finalists for the 2 achievement categories have been preselected by the judges board and are now open for public voting. Last years finalists received over 2.900 individual votes from industry experts worldwide. Votes are done online by a point system for each of the six finalists in Individual Achievement in Wireless Broadband and Most Innovative Wireless Broadband Company.
Achievement Category Finalists
Individual Achievement in Wireless Broadband
- Tim Berners-Lee, W3C - Mobile Web Initiative
- Richard and Andrew Cunliffe, Founders BOZZI Ltd
- Roger B. Marks, Chair IEEE802.16 Working Group
- Majed Sifri, CEO, Redline Communications
- Barry West, Sprint Nextel CTO and president, Xohm
- Gordon G. Graylish, GM and VP of EMEA, Intel Ultra Mobility Group
Most Innovative Wireless Broadband Company
- Broadcom - BCM21551 3G Phone on a Chip
- BT - BTFON Community Project
- Jaxtr - Link your Phone VoIP Solution
- Nokia Emerging Business Unit - Widsets
- Qualcomm - Gobi embedded notebook silicon
- Samsung Electronics - WiMAX portfolio
For further information contact:
WBI Awards Press Liason
Tel: +49 (89) 25557 5680
WBI Awards Ltd
WBI Awards Ltd is a Birmingham, UK based independent institution, organising the hotly contested independent Awards for users and service providers of wireless broadband worldwide. The WBI Award categories cover excellence in service provision; in enterprise deployment by the end-user; in product development; and personal and corporate achievement.
Press releases you might also be interested in
Weitere Informationen zum Thema "Network":
Change-Prozesse werden von Menschen getragen
In jedem Unternehmen gibt es Veränderungen, um sich der Marktsituation anzupassen. Ob diese erfolgreich sind, hängt auch von den Mitarbeitern ab. Eine Mutaree-Umfrage zeigt, was es braucht, damit diese mit der Chefetage an einem Strang ziehen.Weiterlesen