New at VIPA: PROFIBUS repeater, MultiSwitches and Bus terminators
PROFIBUS is still one of the most important fieldbuses in the industry and as a communication bus covers special demands such as the implementation of long spur lines as communication interferences could emerge here due to the reflections. Usually expensive investments are necessary for the installation of spur lines or a star-shaped network setup.
Economic solutions for high-speed networks
The VIPA PROFIBUS repeaters have the functionality of transparent 1, 2, or 5-tier repeaters with electrically insulated channels. They refresh the incoming messages on one channel and forward them to all other channels. At the same time they can monitor the transmitted data and permanently filter out errors, or so-called "glitches."
This increases the reliability of the installation and allows a clear and structured cabling which has positive effects on the maintenance costs. Finally all components allow network expansions by the scalability of the components in the easiest way.
Overview of the components:
- 920-1BB10: 1-channel repeater, limitlessly scalable, IP-20 housing
- 920-1BD10: 1-channel repeater, limitlessly scalable, IP67 housing for dirty and humid environment
- 920-1CB20: 2-channel MultiRepeater, for PROFIBUS-DP , Profisafe and MPI protocols, optional robust mode adjustable (high-integrity telegram check for the rejection of faulty messages), IP20 housing
- 920-1CA50: 5-channel MultiRepeater, IP65 housing for rough industrial use.
- 920-1CB50: 5-channel Multirepeater, for PROFIBUS-DP, Profisafe and MPI protocols, optional robust mode adjustable (High-Integrity telegram check for the rejection of faulty messages), IP20 housing
- 920-1DB50: the same as 920-1CB50, integrated diagnosis function: first PROFIBUS repeater with integrated DP slave interface which can be used for the transmission of diagnosis data to the PLC, ideal for maintenance and monitoring of PROFIBUS DP installations
- 921-1EB50: 5-channel PROFIBUS DP/MPI MultiSwitch, variable Baud rates adjustable, so that the transmission rates for each single spur line can be adjusted separately
- 924-1BB10: Bus terminator for easy and reliable termination of PROFIBUS DP networks. Devices which are connected with the network can be switched off, removed or replaced without interrupting the bus communication.
The single components offer many cost-saving possibilities: Reduction of the required material volume, saving of installation costs as for the same configuration, reduced cabling costs, and fewer installation components are required.
With this VIPA offers the user a wide portfolio of networking components which they receive as a complete solution together with the control components from a single source.
VIPA Gesellschaft für Visualisierung und Prozeßautomatisierung mbH
VIPA GmbH, with its headquarters in Herzogenaurach, is a global player with strong regional roots. The company has been developing and producing reliable automation components and programmable logic controllers (PLC) for three decades. The innovative solutions are used in the automation industry, building technology as well as in the food and beverage or in the logistics industry. VIPA is represented in over 60 countries, has nearly 250 employees, and has belonged to the Japanese YASKAWA Electric Corporation, the leading producer of high-quality drive technology and robotics since 2012, when they acquired a majority share.