The new, hexagonal logo frames the letter Y central to the brand name Polysun, thus underlining the modern set-up of Vela Solaris, the producing company, with a view to the future. Generation Y, a name given to the generation born between 1980 and the early 2000s, are the first digital natives. They usually are highly professional and have grown up with computers, the internet and mobile communication. Their affinity towards technology and software combined with a pronounced interest in the protection of the environment makes them the ideal Polysun users. As a consequence, they increasingly occupy key positions in a new, digitized world.
The alveolar logo also features prominently on the newly designed web page www.velasolaris.com. Swiss mountain landscapes coupled with high-tech buildings make it clear that for Vela Solaris, having close affinities to nature and environment protection does not contrast with innovative architecture and building technology, instead they make for an inseparable unity. With Polysun, Vela Solaris makes the design and implementation of efficient energy concepts possible, thus laying the foundation for a sustainable energy supply.
Polysun’s graphical user interface has been given a new color code, making the templates available to its users even more professional and user-friendly. The multiple ways in which the simulation results can be displayed, always a strong point for Polysun, have been improved further. With their clear and graphical display, they help the user to grasp the results instantly, putting him in a position to make important decisions within minutes.
The new product portfolio has been adapted to fully meet the market’s needs. Polysun Premium, Polysun Designer and Standard (each as a fully-fledged version, Solar Heat & Power and Solar Thermal), Polysun PV and Polysun Educational cover all energy technologies relevant for buildings. More attention was given to universities; they now can look forward to a vastly extended range of services. Companies also benefit from comprehensive employee trainings and counselling offers.
Our developers have also implemented an entirely new licensing mechanism, making the software even safer. Their further efforts led to numerous interesting features. An impressive bouquet of thrilling new possibilities is now offered to the user. The most important ones are:
- The new, standard-based PerMod mathematical battery model which can be reproduced in measuring systems of testing institutes is able to calculate the entire power range of a battery in a more detailed and reliable way than customary models.
- Programmable controllers can now be connected with one another. In the new version, calculation priorities can be set and operating modes can be overwritten, further extending the usability of this already very flexible tool.
- Thermal engineers will enjoy the heat meter and an additional ice storage tank model.
- Meteonorm weather data are now provided in one-minute-time steps. This makes highly precise calculations possible, something especially interesting for scientists and researchers.
- New color codes
- Improved display of the diagrams
- SPI battery model
- New interfaces
- PerModAC battery model
- Revised Log & Parametrize
- Heat meter
- Programmable data logger
- PV generation profiles can be pre-defined
- Negative load profiles
- Variable weather data
- Meteonorm weather data in one-minute-time steps
- Connection of programmable controllers
- Calculation priorities can be set
- Operating modes can be overwritten
- New ice storage tank model
- Bi-directional electric vehicle
- Revised energy flow diagrams