81829 München, de
+49 (69) 25738022-0
Veeam Reports Third Quarter Results in 2010
Total Bookings Revenue Grows 88%; Veeam Wins Best in Show at VMworld
Additional highlights of Veeam’s progress include:
• Customers: Approximately 700 new customers, on average, were added per month during Q3, bringing the Q3 total to approximately 2,100 customers and the grand total to more than 15,000 customers worldwide.
• Employees: Veeam hired 47 new associates in Q3, bringing the total number of employees to 301 worldwide.
• Awards: Veeam won Best of Show at VMworld in San Francisco and was the first company to win four “Best of VMworld” awards at a single VMworld event. Veeam received Best of Show for Veeam Backup & Replication™ v5, which judges called a “cut-and-dried winner.” Veeam also won Gold for New Technology with vPower™, the breakthrough technology behind v5. For the second consecutive year, Veeam was a finalist in the Virtualization Management category with Veeam ONE™ and a finalist in the Business Continuity and Data Protection category with Veeam Backup & Replication 4.1, and was the only company to repeat in those categories.
• New products:
- In August, the company introduced Veeam ONE—a comprehensive solution for managing the performance, configuration and utilization of VMware environments. It is the only single solution that takes into account varying customer requirements and scenarios. The Veeam nworks Management Pack™ Plus and the Veeam nworks Smart Plug-in™ Plus are for companies using Microsoft System Center or HP Operations Manager, respectively; these Veeam ONE offerings leverage and extend the management frameworks in which customers have already invested. Veeam Monitor™ Plus is used in other monitoring environments.
- Also in August, Veeam announced a new free version of the popular Veeam Reporter™ for VMware. Now all VMware administrators can experience the power of capacity planning, change management, and enterprise reporting and chargeback with Veeam Reporter Free Edition.
- At the end of August, Veeam demonstrated new breakthrough technology at VMworld San Francisco. Veeam vPower, which powers Veeam Backup & Replication 5.0, overcomes the limitations of traditional data protection and disaster recovery by running a virtual machine (VM) directly from a backup file. vPower also enables these industry firsts:
- Instant VM Recovery: Restore an entire virtual machine from a backup file in minutes. Users remain productive while IT troubleshoots the issue.
- U-AIR™ (Universal Application-Item Recovery): Recover individual items from any virtualized application, on any operating system, without additional backups, agents or software tools. Eliminates the need for expensive special-purpose tools and extends granular recovery to all applications and users.
- SureBackup™ Recovery Verification: Automatically verify the recoverability of every backup, of every virtual machine, every time. Eliminates uncertainty and sets a new standard in data protection.
- On-Demand Sandbox: Create test VMs from any point in time to troubleshoot problems or test workarounds, software patches or new application code. Eliminates the need for dedicated test labs and the overhead that extra VMware snapshots place on VMs.
- Instant File-Level Recovery for any OS or file system: Recover an entire VM or an individual file from the same image-level backup. Extends instant file-level recovery to all VMs.
“Veeam has taken VMware backup to a new level,” explained Ratmir Timashev, Veeam President and CEO. “Not only does vPower enable IT to provide much better service at a much lower cost, it also offers compelling reasons to virtualize critical enterprise applications, including CRM, ERP and email systems. This includes databases such as Oracle and Microsoft SQL Server and email systems such as Microsoft Exchange.”
Die Nutzung von hier veröffentlichten Informationen zur Eigeninformation und redaktionellen Weiterverarbeitung ist in der Regel kostenfrei. Bitte klären Sie vor einer Weiterverwendung urheberrechtliche Fragen mit dem angegebenen Herausgeber. Bei Veröffentlichung senden Sie bitte ein Belegexemplar an email@example.com.