20,000 Customers worldwide now use Veam Backup & Replication
1.5 Million Virtual Machines Are Protected by Innovative Data Protection Solution
In a recently issued report by Gartner, Inc. titled Market Share Analysis: Storage Management Software, Worldwide, 2010, the authors (Alan Dayley, Matthew Cheung and Dave Russell, May 3, 2011) state that Veeam grew at more than 200 percent in VM backup in 2010.
“Veeam has become the market share leader in VM recovery, a point which is reflected in Gartner’s storage management analysis,” said Ratmir Timashev, President and CEO of Veeam. “The implementation ease and breadth of capabilities in Veeam Backup & Replication have successfully filled a void long-felt by server administrators. Innovation is what sets Veeam apart. We listen carefully to our customers’ requirements and deliver the functionality they need to realize the full benefits of virtualization, enabling them to improve business processes and reduce cost, effort and risk.”
Designed specifically for virtual environments, Veeam Backup & Replication provides cost-effective and comprehensive image-based data protection. With groundbreaking vPower™ technology, Veeam Backup & Replication performs functions not possible with physical backup tools or other virtual backup solutions. It can run a VM directly from a compressed and deduplicated backup file, resulting in these 5 industry firsts:
1. Instant VM Recovery: Restore an entire VM from a backup file in minutes. Users remain productive while IT troubleshoots the issue.
2. U-AIR™ (Universal Application-Item Recovery): Recover individual items from any virtualized application, on any operating system, without additional backups, agents or software tools. Eliminates the need for expensive special-purpose tools and extends granular recovery to all applications and users.
3. SureBackup™ Recovery Verification: Automatically verify the recoverability of every backup, of every VM, every time. Eliminates uncertainty and sets a new standard in data protection.
4. On-Demand Sandbox: Create test VMs from any point in time to troubleshoot problems or test workarounds, software patches or new application code. Eliminates the need for dedicated test labs and overhead from extra VM snapshots.
5. Instant File-Level Recovery for any OS or file system: Recover an entire VM or an individual file from the same image-level backup. Extends instant file-level recovery to all VMs.
Veeam’s innovation has resulted in many industry firsts for Veeam Backup & Replication:
• Version 1.0: First 2-in-1 backup and replication solution; first to provide instant file-level recovery from an image-based backup (February 2008)
• 2.0: First to support backup of VMware ESXi™ and provide advanced VSS support for hot backups (July 2008)
• 3.0: First to provide instant file-level recovery for Linux (February 2009)
• 4.0: First to support VMware vSphere™, Changed Block Tracking and replication to VMware ESXi for near-continuous data protection (Q4 2009)
• 5.0: First to win 5 major industry awards, thanks to vPower (September 2010–February 2011)
“The choice for VM backup is obvious,” said Lance Madsen, Radiology Information Systems Administrator for InnerVision Advanced Medical Imaging. “No other product offers the speed, reliability or confidence like Veeam Backup & Replication.”
InnerVision Advanced Medical Imaging relies on Veeam Backup & Replication to meet mandatory regulations of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA). “Veeam’s SureBackup Verification capability gives us complete peace of mind because it helps us achieve HIPAA compliance. We know we can verify the recoverability of every backup, of every virtual machine, every time,” Madsen said.
InnerVision Advanced Medical Imaging is one of 30 customers who have shared their experience using Veeam Backup & Replication. Go to http://www.veeam.com/... to see how organizations in different industries have benefited from the innovative functionality in Veeam Backup & Replication.
Customers and Pricing
Veeam Software has 25,000 customers worldwide, and 20,000 have licensed Veeam Backup & Replication. North American pricing starts at $599 USD per socket for Standard Edition and $899 USD for Enterprise Edition. For more information, including a reseller near you, go to http://www.veeam.com/....
Veeam Software, an Elite VMware Technology Alliance Partner, develops innovative software to manage VMware vSphere®. Veeam vPower™ provides advanced Virtualization-Powered Data Protection™ and is the underlying technology in Veeam Backup & Replication™, the #1 virtualization backup solution. Veeam ONE™ provides a single solution to optimize the performance, configuration and utilization of VMware environments and includes: Veeam Reporter™ for VMware capacity planning, change management, and reporting and chargeback; Veeam Business View™ for VMware business service management and categorization; and a choice of VMware monitoring options including the nworks Management Pack™ for VMware management in Microsoft System Center, the nworks Smart Plug-in™ for VMware management in HP Operations Manager and Veeam Monitor™ for framework-independent VMware monitoring. Learn more about Veeam Software by visiting www.veeam.com.
Social Media Links