TI's updated Stellaris® EVALBOT opens the door for more flexibility and fun with microcontrollers and robotics
New mini-robot evaluation platform for TI's Stellaris ARM® Cortex(TM) -M3 microcontrollers provides more tool and software options to facilitate experimentation and development
Stellaris EVALBOT features and benefits (EK-EVALBOT)
- 80 MHz Stellaris LM3S9B92 MCU with 256K flash, 96K SRAM, StellarisWare® software in ROM, as well as integrated Ethernet, USB On-the-Go (OTG)/Host/Device and CAN
- Multiple tool chains supported, including Keil MDK-ARM, IAR EWARM, TI Code Composer Studio, Code Red Technologies Red Suite, CodeSourcery SourceryG++ and generic GNU
- Example display, audio and motor control software projects based on the extensive StellarisWare code base for putting concepts into practice
- Expansion port supports TI wireless modules and end customer extensions
- Chronos-SimpliciTI demo software enables wireless control of the robotic platform when coupled with TI's CC1101EM Low-Power RF module and eZ430-Chronos watch
- Two DC gear-motors provide drive and steering, opto-sensors that detect wheel rotation with 45 degree resolution, and sensors for "bump" detection
- TI motor drivers, voltage regulators, audio codec, interface and logic devices for easy evaluation of the complete signal chain
- Bright 96 x 6 blue OLED display and on-board speaker
- Debugging requires only a single USB cable (included)
TI's broad portfolio of MCUs and software
From general purpose, ultra-low power MSP430(TM) MCUs, to Stellaris ARM Cortex-M-based 32-bit MCUs and high performance, real-time control TMS320C2000(TM) MCUs, TI offers the broadest range of microcontroller solutions. Designers can accelerate time to market by tapping into TI's complete embedded processing software and hardware tools, extensive third-party offerings and technical support.
Pricing and availability
The Stellaris Robotic Evaluation Board is priced at $149 US and can be purchased at www.ti.com/evalbot-2-pr-es.
Find out more about TI's Stellaris EVALBOT and MCUs:
- Stellaris EVALBOT: www.ti.com/evalbot-2-pr-tf
- EVALBOT video overview: www.ti.com/evalbot-2-pr-v
- Stellaris LM3S9B92 MCU: www.ti.com/...
- Stellaris wireless kits: www.ti.com/...
- Stellaris MCUs: www.ti.com/...
- TI's microcontrollers: www.ti.com/...
- TI eStore (EVALBOT): www.ti.com/...
Texas Instruments Deutschland GmbH
Texas Instruments (NYSE: TXN) helps customers solve problems and develop new electronics that make the world smarter, healthier, safer, greener and more fun. A global semiconductor company, TI innovates through design, sales and manufacturing operations in more than 30 countries. For more information, go to www.ti.com.
Stellaris and StellarisWare are registered trademarks and MSP430 and TMS320C2000 are trademarks of Texas Instruments Incorporated. All registered trademarks and other trademarks belong to their respective owners.