85356 Freising, de
+49 (89) 23031-626
TI introduces the CC2567, the first dual-mode single-chip solution delivering ANT+ and Bluetooth® connectivity
TI builds out its ANT(TM) -based solutions with a new product and two developer kits designed to ease integration of ANT+ interoperability into health and fitness devices
The CC2567 device will be available as part of the new ANT+ Bluetooth® Health & Fitness Aggregator Kit. As the only supplier of ANT(TM) solutions for both sensor applications and mobile handheld peripherals, TI also announced today availability of a second evaluation kit, the CC257x ANT Network Processor Kit-building out the company's ANT solution portfolio. Visit the following links to order either development kit:
- ANT+ Bluetooth® Health & Fitness Aggregator Kit: www.ti.com/cc2567-pan1327-tf
- CC257x ANT Network Processor Kit: www.ti.com/ant
"TI is uniquely positioned to leverage its short range wireless expertise gained through the development of our wireless combo chips and low power RF portfolios. As a result, we're the first to wirelessly bridge the gap between ANT+ and Bluetooth devices with a single chip, dual-mode solution-the CC2567 device. Whether our customers are building an ANT+-based sensor or an aggregator connecting that sensor to the Smartphone and PC worlds, we have the right solution to meet their needs," said Eran Sandhaus, director of marketing, wireless connectivity solutions, TI.
To date, the established ANT+ interoperable ecosystem offers an install base of more than 11 million devices that, for example, monitor heart rate, weight, speed, or distance data. Consumers then want to interact with that vital data on an endpoint device to develop and monitor health and fitness regimens. With nearly three billion Bluetooth-enabled endpoint devices-like PCs, tablets or Smartphones-on the market, direct communication with Bluetooth becomes the optimal wireless communication channel.
"TI's solution offers the best of both worlds: the leader in high speed wireless transport linking to the leader in ULP wireless sensor data collection," stated Rod Morris, Director, ANT Wireless. "This gives the consumer the ubiquitous solution they need to easily make health and fitness a part of daily life."
By incorporating TI's CC2567 solution into their devices, customers delivering monitoring products with ANT+ or endpoint products with Bluetooth can finally leverage the connectivity technologies' market adoption to create a truly wireless, cable-free end user experience. As a result, consumers will be able to engage with their vital data in real time without incurring a huge cost.
The ANT+ Bluetooth® Health & Fitness Aggregator Kit
TI's CC2567 Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR and ANT+ dual-mode transceiver is available via the CC2567-PAN1327, a highly-integrated class 2 HCI module with increased output power capabilities created by Panasonic. The module is included in TI's new ANT+ Bluetooth® Health & Fitness Aggregator Kit, the first complete solution for ANT to Bluetooth connectivity development. The development kit includes:
- (1) ANT UIF board - USB stick for sensor simulation
- (1) C7 ANT module based on TI's CC2571 for sensor simulation
- (1) PAN131xETU to build out the aggregator
- (1) MSP430 experimenter board including the MSP430BT5190 device and 6 pin jumper to build out the aggregator
- (1) eZ430 USB stick that enables Bluetooth connection to a PC
CC257x single-mode ANT network processor and evaluation kit
TI's CC257x ANT is a dual-chip sensor solution, combining the 2.4-GHz CC257x network processor and an MSP430(TM) microcontroller. The CC257x network processors are 2.4 GHz devices tailored for ANT sensor applications. The CC257x evaluation kit (ANTC7EK1) contains everything needed to quickly explore and develop with the CC257x, including the integrated ANT-FS feature. The evaluation kit consists of:
- (4) CC257x modules (production type modules based on CC2571 with integrated F antenna)
- (2) Battery boards that allow modules to be powered by a coin cell battery; also has a breakout header for interfacing to an external microprocessor
- (2) EEPROM boards that enable users to test and evaluate the CC257x's embedded ANT-FS features
- (2) USB User Interface (UIF) sticks that enable CC257x module connection to a PC
- (2) coin cell battery
Pricing and availability
The ANT+ Bluetooth® Health & Fitness Aggregator Kit is available for order today through Digi-Key Corporation. Pricing is $399 per kit.
The PAN1327 module based on TI's CC2567 device is available for pre-order today from Panasonic. More information can be found here: www.panasonic.com/ti
The CC257x Evaluation Kit (ANTC7EK1) is available at www.ti.com/ant or by request to email@example.com
Find out more about TI's wireless connectivity solutions:
- TI's CC2567 ANT solution: www.ti.com/cc2567-pan1327-pf
- TI's CC257x ANT solution: www.ti.com/ant
- TI's wireless connectivity solutions: www.ti.com/wireless
- TI's wireless connectivity Wiki: www.ti.com/connectivitywiki
- TI E2E(TM) Low-Power RF community: www.ti.com/lprf-forum.
MSP430 and TI E2E are trademarks of Texas Instruments. Bluetooth is a registered trademark of the Bluetooth SIG, Inc. ANT is a trademark of Dynastream Innovations, Inc. All other trademarks belong to their respective owners.
The use of information published here for personal information and editorial processing is generally free of charge. Please clarify any copyright issues with the stated publisher before further use. In the event of publication, please send a specimen copy to firstname.lastname@example.org.