TI introduces low-noise 16-channel constant-current sink LED driver
LED driver improves display data integrity on inexpensive PCBs
The TLC59282 minimizes simultaneous switching noise by staggering the switching of the LED outputs, lowering the peak switching current transients facilitating low-cost, two-layer printed circuit board (PCB) routing in LED modules. With traditional multichannel LED drivers, four-layer PCB routing is required to prevent switching transients from causing corruption of the serial data communication path during output blanking. In addition to electromagnetic noise reduction, the TLC59282 has high-precision channel-to-channel and chip-to-chip accuracy, which ensures that uniform current is supplied to each LED string.
Key features and benefits of the TLC59282
- 3.0-V to 5.5-V input voltage range.
- LED channel voltage up to 17 V.
- Four-channel group delay minimizes simultaneous switching noise.
- Cascadable serial communication protocol allows a display processor to control multiple LED drivers on the same serial bus. Precision current matching aids uniform LED brightness between strings.
* Channel-to-channel current accuracy: +/-0.6 percent, typical
* Chip-to-chip current accuracy: +/-1 percent, typical
- 30-nanoseconds blank pulse allows for high refresh rates in multiplexed applications.
Availability and pricing
The TLC59282 is available now in an SSOP package and is priced at $0.47 in quantities of 1,000: www.ti.com/tlc59282-preu. The TLC59282 evaluation module is available on request.
Find out more about TI's LED lighting portfolio by visiting the links below:
- For the complete LED lighting portfolio visit: www.ti.com/led-pr.
- Ask questions and share knowledge in the LED forum in the TI E2E(TM) Community: www.ti.com/ledforum-pr.
- Download the LED Reference Design Cookbook: www.ti.com/ledcookbook-pr.
- For information on TI's microcontrollers for advanced lighting solutions visit: www.ti.com/mculighting-pr.
About LED lighting from Texas Instruments
TI offers a leading-edge portfolio of products for today's LED lighting design requirements based on decades of innovation in power management and wired and wireless communication technology. TI helps speed customers' lighting innovation with a broad portfolio of power management devices, wired and wireless interfaces, and embedded processors, as well as products tailored to the needs of the lighting market, complemented by the company's strong local and online customer support network.
TI E2E Community is a trademark of Texas Instruments. All registered trademarks and other trademarks belong to their respective owners.
Texas Instruments Deutschland GmbH
Texas Instruments (NYSE: TXN) helps customers solve problems and develop new electronics that make the world smarter, healthier, safer, greener and more fun. A global semiconductor company, TI innovates through manufacturing, design and sales operations in more than 30 countries. For more information, go to www.ti.com
Press releases you might also be interested in
Weitere Informationen zum Thema "Hardware":
Cloud Provider: Harte Zeiten für große Hardware-Marken
Wer Cloud Provider mit Serverhardware bedienen will, muss anders vorgehen als dies üblicherweise die großen Hardware-Markenlieferanten tun. Das zeigt das Beispiel von 1 & 1, wo man gerade mit Servern von Quanta Cloud Technology (QCT) experimentiert.Weiterlesen