85356 Freising, de
+49 (8161) 8035-79
TI introduces efficient 25-W digital audio power amp for thin-panel televisions
Outstanding thermal performance reduces total case temperature by 20 percent
Key features and benefits
- 75-milliohm RDS(ON) is 32 percent lower than previous generations, providing excellent thermal performance with a 20-percent lower total case temperature for ultra-thin designs at maximum output power of 25-W.
- Two-band dynamic range compression (DRC) allows for the processing of audio in two different frequency bands, with seamless integration to most digital audio processors, such as the TMS320DA708. DRC can be used as a - power limiter to enable speaker protection and night-mode listening.
- 18 programmable biquad filters enable speaker EQ and other audio processing features.
- Efficient class-D operation eliminates the need for heatsinks.
Availability and pricing
The TAS5727 is available now in a surface mount 48-pin HTQFP package, priced at $2.50 each in quantities of 1,000.
Tools and support
The TAS57xx Graphical Development Environment allows designers to program the TAS5727 using graphical tools rather than writing code, providing simple, effective programming capabilities to designers of all experience levels. The software allows users to develop an audio flow graphically, and then generate a file that can be downloaded to the device in the manufacturing flow. For more information and to purchase the software, visit www.ti.com/tas5727gde-pr.
Designers can evaluate the TAS5727 with the TAS5727EVM, available now and priced at $199 each.
Easy implementation with PurePathTM Wireless Audio
The TA5727 is compatible with TI's CC8520 PurePathTM Wireless audio system-on-chip (SOC), which enables easy set-up of wireless capabilities in thin-panel televisions. The CC8520 provides a solid wireless audio link, as well as 16-bit and 44.1/48-KHz uncompressed CD-quality audio with no unwanted noise or dropouts. The CC8520 can control and configure the TAS5727 over I2C, and digital audio data sent over the air is output as I2S data and feeds directly into the TAS5727. For easy prototyping of wireless speakers, the TAS5727EVM development kit supports the attachment of the CC8520 Development Kit. For more information on PurePath(TM) Wireless audio, visit www.ti.com/purepathwireless.
Learn more about TI's audio portfolio by visiting the links below:
- Order TAS5727 samples and evaluation modules: www.ti.com/tas5727-preu.
- Get technical support anytime and connect with other audio engineers on the TI E2E(TM) Community: www.ti.com/audioforum-pr.
- Download TI's audio selection guide: www.ti.com/audioguide-pr.
The use of information published here for personal information and editorial processing is generally free of charge. Please clarify any copyright issues with the stated publisher before further use. In the event of publication, please send a specimen copy to firstname.lastname@example.org.