TI delivers industry's first Class H VDSL line driver for high-speed networking equipment
"The best-in-class power consumption of TI's THS6226 VDSL line driver allows Lantiq to deliver a complete VDSL reference system with the enhanced power performance our customers require," said Johannes Eiblmeier, head of marketing of Lantiq's Access Networks Business Unit. "When used together, our newest generation VINAX(TM) V3 VDSL chipset and TI's THS6226 set a new benchmark for system power consumption and integration while providing flexibility to use one line card for all VDSL profiles."
Key features and benefits
- Single Class H solution provides lowest power consumption for all VDSL profiles, as low as 350 mW for 17a profile.
- Adjustable quiescent current of 7.6 mA to 23.5 mA with a current step of 1 mA provides designers flexibility to fine-tune the power control.
- Offers low multi-tone power ratio (MTPR) distortion of 70 dB with 19.8 dBm for VDSL2 profile 8b to help maintain signal fidelity.
- Integrates an input biasing circuit and all gain and feedback resistors to reduce system board space and cost.
- Wide output swing on +12-V power supplies, coupled with excellent current drive, allows for up to 20-dBm output power into the load.
Tools and support
TI offers a variety of free tools and support to speed development with the THS6226, including:
- A SPICE-based simulation program for designing, testing, and troubleshooting a broad variety of basic and advanced circuits, including complex architectures, without any node or number of device limitations.
- Software for application and calculation utilities, including an active filter design application and a fully differential amplifier component calculator.
Availability and pricing
The THS6226 VDSL line driver is available now in a 5-mm x 5-mm QFN package, priced at $1.50 in quantities of 1,000.
Find out more about TI's high-speed amplifier portfolio by visiting the links below:
- Order THS6226 samples: www.ti.com/ths6226-preu
- Download the data sheet: www.ti.com/ths6226ds-pr
- Ask questions, help solve problems in the High Speed Amplifier forum in the TI E2E(TM) Community: www.ti.com/e2ehsa-pr
- Download the new Analog Signal Chain Guide, including amplifiers, data converters, interface, clocks, timing and wireless connectivity: www.ti.com/...
Press releases you might also be interested in
Weitere Informationen zum Thema "Netzwerke":
Sigfox und TH Deggendorf forschen am „1 Euro IoT“
Der IoT-Serviceprovider Sigfox wird künftig gemeinsam mit der Technischen Hochschule Deggendorf am „1 Euro IoT“ forschen. Als Grundlage dient dabei das Low-Power-Wide-Area-Netzwerk von Sigfox.Weiterlesen