Cut the cords loose, turn up the volume: TI introduces PurePath(TM) Wireless audio products with USB support
CC8521 and CC8531 solutions deliver uncompressed wireless audio capabilities to PCs, TVs, gaming and other consumer applications with USB ports
"By adding USB support to our PurePath Wireless audio solutions, we're making it easier than ever before for manufacturers to deliver wireless speaker systems, headsets and headphones with high-quality audio," said Erling Simensen, product marketing manager, wireless audio, TI. "With these products at hand, end users can easily add multichannel wireless audio functionality to the vast number of end equipments with USB ports, adding a new dimension to their listening experience."
Key features and benefits: TI's CC8521 and CC8531 PurePath Wireless audio solutions
- Out-of-the-box unwiring of headsets and speakers for PC, TV, gaming and set-top boxes
* USB audio support for Windows®, Linux®, Mac OS® X, Ubuntu®
*Requires no code development or in-depth understanding of USB protocol
- Low cost
* Single-chip solutions
* Small-size USB dongle reference design with low bill-of-material cost
* No software development required: Free Configurator PC software tool
- High quality of service for digital wireless audio transmission:
* 16 bit / 44.1/48 KHz uncompressed audio with no unwanted noise or dropouts
* Best-in-class coexistence with Wi-Fi, Bluetooth® technology and other 2.4-GHz devices
* Low audio latency (20ms) distributed audio clock for synchronized wireless speakers
- Compatible with TI CC2590 range extender
Tools, availability, packaging and price
The CC8521 and CC8531 are available today from TI and through authorized TI distributors. The CC8521 and CC8531 are packaged in a ROHS-compliant, 6 mm x 6 mm QFN-40. Pricing starts at $4.25 in 1,000-unit quantities. The CC85X1USB-RD USB dongle reference design is available for free on TI's website.
The CC85XXDK development kit provides all hardware and software necessary to evaluate the CC8521 and CC8531. This kit is available on TI's e-store for USD $299. Additionally, a CC85XXDK-HEADSET development kit is available today for USD $149 on TI's e-store, and comes with a free reference design for wireless headsets.
Find out more about TI's low-power RF and wireless connectivity solutions
- TI's PurePath Wireless solutions: www.ti.com/...
- TI's audio solutions: www.ti.com/audio
- TI's wireless connectivity solutions: www.ti.com/...
- TI E2E(TM) LPRF and wireless connectivity community: www.ti.com/wiconforum
About TI's wireless connectivity portfolio
TI provides the industry's broadest portfolio of mature wireless connectivity solutions. With expertise in more than a dozen technologies, TI ensures customers the best-suited wireless connectivity for every type of application. TI's product portfolio is complemented with the support and tools that customers and developers need to quickly and easily bring wirelessly connected designs to market. Visit the company's Wireless Connectivity Portal for an overview of TI-supported technologies, the full product portfolio, and example use cases.
PurePath and TI E2E are trademarks of Texas Instruments. All other trademarks belong to their respective owners.
Texas Instruments Deutschland GmbH
Texas Instruments semiconductor innovations help 80,000 customers unlock the possibilities of the world as it could be - smarter, safer, greener, healthier and more fun. Our commitment to building a better future is ingrained in everything we do - from the responsible manufacturing of our semiconductors, to caring for our employees, to giving back inside our communities. This is just the beginning of our story. Learn more at www.ti.com.
Press releases you might also be interested in
Weitere Informationen zum Thema "Hardware":
Ein mikro-modulares Datacenter von Rittal, ABB und HPE
ABB, Hewlett-Packard Enterprise (HPE) und Rittal werden auf der Hannover Messe das „Secure Edge Datacenter“ (SEDC) für industrielle Umgebungen und Telekommunikation vorstellen. Damit können Unternehmen ihre leistungsstarken IT-Systeme in unmittelbare Nähe zu ihren Maschinen und Anlagen betreiben, um geringere Latenzzeiten sowie sichere und zuverlässige digitale Prozesse zu ermöglichen.Weiterlesen