The Produce Safety Rule uses science-based standards to ensure hazards are addressed for the safe growing, harvesting, packing, and holding of produce grown for human consumption.
The guidance released early this month offers recommendations to help farms meet requirements found in the regulations (21 CFR 112.22) when they are utilizing an alternative training method to comply with the Produce Safety Rule. The Guidance supplies learning objectives and the FDA identifies which of these objectives are critical and optional.
The Tentamus Group, in particular, Tentamus North America, offers various services to assist in compliance with the Produce Safety Rule and other the new regulations:
- Testing sprouts for Listeria monocytogenes
- Testing agricultural water for coli (compliance with specifications)
- Consulting services (e.g. if the customer is affected by the rule or what measures need to be taken)
- Hygiene training of employees
- Investigating and assisting in recall corrective actions
- Conducting a risk assessment for the use of fertilizer and compost in growing crops covered by the Produce Safety rule
Get in touch with our experts. We’re ready to discuss your requirements.