Under FSMA, the FDA is encouraging a more proactive and preventative approach to food safety.Each of the FSMA rules is specific and outlines requirements that must be implemented and enforced by the deadlines given.
Various compliance dates, from earlier this year through 2024, are listed for the Produce Safety rule with regards to covered activities involving covered produce and non-sprout agricultural water requirements. Additional deadlines are listed for the Preventative Controls Animal Food, Foreign Supplier Verification Program, and Intention Adulteration rules for the end of 2019, throughout 2020, and mid-2021 respectively. Please see the specific rule for details and exemptions.
Last, the Nutrition Facts Label and Serving Size final rules have extended compliance dates of January 1, 2020 (manufacturers with $10 million or more in annual food sales) and January 1, 2021 (manufacturers with less than $10 million in annual food sales).
The Tentamus Group, in particular, Tentamus North America, offers various services to assist in compliance with FSMA and the various rules associated with the Act:
- Product full label review for FDA compliance
- Product nutritional analysis and nutrition fact creation and review
- Testing finished product and ingredients for foodborne pathogens and chemical contamination
- Preventive Controls Qualified Individual (PCQI) support and consultation
- Consulting services (e.g. Food Safety plan creation and review, FSMA rule clarification)
Get in touch with our experts. We’re ready to discuss your requirements.