90766 Fürth, de
+49 (911) 9364 - 125
Taiyo Yuden to Acquire the Communications Device Business of Fujitsu Media Devices
1. Purpose of the Acquisition
Taiyo Yuden is reinforcing the operational structure of its high-frequency device business, which produces high-frequency modules. As part of this initiative, Taiyo Yuden has reached an agreement in principle to acquire the communications device business of Fujitsu Media Devices. The communications device business of Fujitsu Media Devices carries out the development, design, manufacturing and sale of surface acoustic wave (SAW) filters, SAW duplexers and other components, and promptly supplies products with high added value to meet the changing requirements of the marketplace. By producing SAW filters, SAW duplexers and other key components of mobile phones within the Taiyo Yuden Group, Taiyo Yuden aims to reinforce its operational structure, achieving synergy with its high-frequency device business. This is expected to result in further improvement in the consolidated results of the Taiyo Yuden Group.
2. Summary of Fujitsu Media Devices
(1) Corporate name: Fujitsu Media Devices Limited
(2) Representative: Katsushige Nakano, president
(3) Location of head office: 2-3-12, Shin-Yokohama, Kohoku-ku, Yokohama, Kanagawa Prefecture
(4) Main operations: Communications device business comprising the development, design, manufacturing and sale of SAW filters and SAW duplexers for mobile communication equipment, and high frequency modules and SAW filters for audiovisual equipment
(5) Capital: 100 million yen
(6) Date established: October 1, 1998
(7) Major shareholder: 100% ownership by Fujitsu
(8) Relationship with Taiyo Yuden: No capital or personnel ties
The specific procedures for the acquisition will be decided by consultation between the parties. The acquisition is scheduled for completion by the end of March 2010.
4. Impact on Business Performance
The acquisition will have no impact on Taiyo Yuden’s business performance for the fiscal year ending March 31, 2010.
Die Nutzung von hier veröffentlichten Informationen zur Eigeninformation und redaktionellen Weiterverarbeitung ist in der Regel kostenfrei. Bitte klären Sie vor einer Weiterverwendung urheberrechtliche Fragen mit dem angegebenen Herausgeber. Bei Veröffentlichung senden Sie bitte ein Belegexemplar an firstname.lastname@example.org.