The ARIS Community: driving the knowledge-based economy one process at a time
- 50,000 members in 12 months: the world's largest Business Process Management Community publishes its first balance sheet
- The ARIS Community enables organizations to retain and reuse their intellectual capital and assets
- Intellectual capital, including an organization's ability to continuously improve processes, is increasingly a source of competitive advantage
- ARIS Express, the free BPMN modeling tool, offers Business Process Analysis to everyone at www.ariscommunity.com
- Support for BPMN 2.0 allows community members to use process models for execution in the full webMethods product suite
Software AG today announced that the ARIS Community has passed the 50,000 membership mark within a year of its launch. The world's largest Business Process Management (BPM) Community enables individuals, businesses and universities to analyze, visualize and share business information. Capturing and collaborating on an organization's intellectual capital is increasingly seen as a source of competitive advantage and a fundamental step in creating the knowledgebased organization and economy. The ARIS Community enables collaboration and learning between process beginners and experts, provides a comprehensive information exchange platform and free modeling software allowing immediate process design and analysis. Further access to BPM expertise is provided by the complementary social BPM network: ARISalign. Process models can then be used in Software AG's webMethods BPM Suite for implementation, delivering the full "model to execute" value chain.
"The ability to share content within interest groups and collaboratively create, discuss and share business information; to become knowledge driven, is a source of competitive advantage," said Software AG's Chief Product Officer, Dr. Wolfram Jost. "The ARIS Community is a force in releasing people's creative potential and knowledge, and the fact that we have attracted 50,000 members and downloads within one year shows that the market is ready and demanding these capabilities."
Launched in August 2009, the ARIS Community is now the largest Community in the field of Business Process Management. The members' backgrounds range from BPM beginners to experts, from university to professional businesses, from occasional users to fulltime project teams. The ability to model processes (EPC or BPMN 2.0), organizational charts, data models or to brainstorm, analyze and visualize business information to support process workers - without any initial cost - was a clear success factor for the community.
Freely available software such as ARIS Express allows any employee to capture their individual intellectual capital and information assets such as presentations and spreadsheets and use them as input for a process initiative. The combination of ARIS Express and the ARIS Platform allows organizations to directly reuse these assets by the BPM experts.
Members of the ARIS Community can also use Software AG's full webMethods product suite to implement process models created through ARIS Express. The community provides a step by step introduction utilizing international expertise and free technology to full Business Process Excellence.
- 50,000 Members within 1 year
- Largest BPM Community world wide
- Multiple country specific interest groups (e.g. US, Russia, Germany)
- Multiple industry specific interest groups (e.g. Public sector, metal industry)
- Multiple subject matter interest groups (e.g. BPMN, Process Intelligence)
- Content sharing of processes, organizational charts, BPMN 2, data, applications, brainstorming (via ARIS Express)
- Over 50,000 ARIS Express downloads (Free modeling software)
- Over 6,000 ARIS MashZone downloads (Free analytical software)
Business Process Analysis is now available to everyone at www.ariscommunity.com
About IDS Scheer
IDS Scheer is part of the Software AG Group and a leading provider of business process management (BPM) software, solutions and
services for corporations and public organizations worldwide. With the ARIS Platform for Process Excellence, the company offers an
integrated, comprehensive solution portfolio for the strategy, design, implementation and controlling of business processes, allowing
companies to continuously improve their overall business performance. Utilizing the ARIS Value Engineering (AVE) approach, IDS
Scheer consultants bridge the gap between corporate strategy, business processes, IT solutions and process controlling.
Press releases you might also be interested in
Weitere Informationen zum Thema "Software":
Die Cloud an sich ist nicht die Lösung für den Restore
Wer gedacht hat, seine Strukturen für die Datensicherung sind bombenfest da lange erprobt, sieht sich durch die neuen Speicherorte in der IT erneut vor Probleme gestellt. Wie sichert man Container-Daten oder Informationen in verteilten Clouds und Data Center? Wer kümmert sich um die Abwehr von Ransomware und wie schnell sind Daten nach einem Gau wieder verfügbar?Weiterlesen