64297 Darmstadt, de
+49 (6151) 92-1787
Software AG and Fujitsu accelerate delivery of customer-centric SOA solutions with CentraSite 3.1
- Enhancements to leading SOA registry and repository facilitate more rapid integration of third-party tools for managing a Service-Oriented Architecture
- Membership within the CentraSite Community doubles as vendors leverage preconfiguration to deliver “plug & play” interoperability across heterogeneous environments
Software AG and Fujitsu today unveiled CentraSite 3.1, the latest version of their jointly developed solution for Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA) governance. The integrated registry/repository has been enhanced to deliver greater out-of-the-box support for the third-party tools offered by members of the CentraSite Community. Through this pre-integration, enterprises can more quickly develop customized solutions while also benefiting from federated management of their heterogeneous environments. With the launch, the two companies have also introduced a series of measures to enhance the CentraSite Community. Established in 2006, the CentraSite Community is a collaborative network of independent software vendors and system integrators that work together to ensure their products interoperate through CentraSite. This enhanced collaboration is designed to reduce the cost required for both deploying and sustaining SOA implementations.
“We are seeing an increasing demand from enterprise-class customers for individually tailored, more advanced SOA solutions,” commented Dr. Peter Kuerpick, Member of the Board, Software AG. “Software AG and Fujitsu are committed to meeting these demands with both the latest release of CentraSite and, as founders, our full support for the CentraSite Community.”
“The rapid increase in members and their exciting contributions to the community validate the standards-based approach we have taken to SOA infrastructure development,” said Ryosuke Mori, Executive Vice President, Software and Strategy, at Fujitsu Computer Systems Corporation. “Preintegration of solutions will eliminate hundreds of hours of frustrating integration work for development teams that place the highest priority on a fast time to benefit and a minimum of disruption. CentraSite promise maximum SOA value with greatly reduced risk.”
New features of CentraSite 3.1 include:
- Support for federation across multiple registries and repositories, providing a single logical view of metadata across these different stores and maximizing their reuse
- A pluggable architecture that enables partner products and tools to share a unified framework and user interface
- An enhanced interface that allows users to customize their environment and search functionality based on their needs and profile
- Expanded SOA governance capabilities encompassing fully customizable lifecycle support for all SOA assets registered within CentraSite The CentraSite Community continues to grow, doubling membership to over 30 best-in-class providers.
The focus of the CentraSite Community is to provide customers with the ability to easily and rapidly implement diverse SOA solutions tailored to their exact needs. Community members preintegrate their products allowing customers to take a variety of approaches to creating an SOA infrastructure. Customers can purchase the specific products and solutions they need, including business rules (iLOG), enterprise architecture solutions (alfabet), web services testing software(Parasoft), and SOA management offerings (AmberPoint), and can be sure all of these products will interoperate through the standards-based CentraSite registry and repository.
“The standards-based nature of CentraSite has meant integration work with our products is simple and straightforward”, said Wayne Ariola, Vice President of Strategy & Corporate Development, Parasoft Corp. “As we have done with web services testing, I am confident that other Community members find they too can offer an effective SOA governance solution using CentraSite as a core component”.
Visitors to the CentraSite Community website, www.centrasite.com, can access additional information on software vendors that have pre-integrated their offerings with CentraSite; learn about the latest SOA programs, webinars and governance tools; and enjoy an opportunity to create and post SOA-related blogs. They can also take advantage of a free download of the CentraSite Community Edition for evaluation and education.
The use of information published here for personal information and editorial processing is generally free of charge. Please clarify any copyright issues with the stated publisher before further use. In the event of publication, please send a specimen copy to firstname.lastname@example.org.