Software AG Customers Embrace the Enhanced Technology of webMethods 8 to Improve Processes and Integrate Systems
- webMethods 8 now in General Availability (GA) release
- New platform capabilities make Software AG's webMethods 8 a critical component for its customers
- Extensive and successful First Customer Ship (FCS) deployment with over 200 customers creates foundation for GA release
Software AG, a global leader in business infrastructure software, today announced the general availability of webMethods 8, the latest release of Software AG's flagship webMethods platform. Customers embrace the capabilities to capitalize on both open architecture and existing infrastructure investments, reduce the time and cost to improve processes and integrate systems, and enable dramatic enduser productivity through tighter collaboration between IT and the business. More than 200 customers worldwide were part of the FCS program for webMethods 8.
webMethods 8 is a major milestone in the evolution of the webMethods platform, and offers new functionality across the entire suite, that includes Enterprise Integration, B2B, Business Process Management, BAM, and SOA Governance (CentraSite). And while Software AG continues the process of acquiring IDS Scheer, our customers can already use the webMethods 8 and ARIS products together based on process model interoperability between the product lines.
"We use webMethods to integrate our heterogeneous IT landscape, which includes both Java and .Net applications," said Emmet Oliver, IT Manager, CenterPoint Energy, which is headquartered in Houston, Texas, and is a domestic energy delivery company that serves more than five million metered customers primarily in Arkansas, Louisiana, Minnesota, Mississippi, Oklahoma, and Texas. "The EntireX RPC functionality allows our webbased applications to communicate with backend NATURAL business logic around our core programs and databases. We are live on version 8 to stay current on our solutions and take advantage of enhanced functionality, including increased buffer sizes for our integration."
With webMethods 8, companies can improve their overall operation through effective reuse, management, and orchestration of both business and IT services thus delivering faster time to value.
"The feedback from FCS customers such as CenterPoint has been overwhelmingly positive and primed webMethods 8 for general availability," said Dr. Peter Kuerpick, Chief Product Officer and member of the Executive Board, Software AG. "We are confident that this will be the most complete, stable, and impactful release in the history of the webMethods product line."
The latest release of webMethods expands on its marketleading capabilities by adding:
- CentraSite ActiveSOA, the world's first integrated Business Service Repository, aligns business process management (BPM) and serviceoriented architecture (SOA) with a single system of record for assets - facilitating reuse and change management by both the business and IT teams
- Enhanced Business Process Management, with a new paradigm in enduser productivity through dynamic workspaces, taskdriven decisions, and adhoc workflow
- A unified, Eclipsebased design environment for service development, process design, and lifecycle management
- Embedded Business Intelligence to deliver process analytics to knowledge workers, allowing them to easily compare realtime performance against historical trends for informed decisionmaking The latest release of webMethods expands on its marketleading capabilities by adding:
- Business user selfservice with userderived applications, workspace templates, and enhanced capabilities for business user empowerment
- New Service Virtualization and Policy Enforcement, creating more adaptive systems where functional and infrastructure changes can be made without disrupting processes and applications
- Improved Broker scalability with policybased clustering where changes in policy are honored by the webMethods ESB without interruptions
"We can now deliver even faster timetovalue and increased return on existing infrastructure investments," Dr. Kuerpick added. "We are pleased our customers continue to leverage the webMethods foundation to support their integration, process improvement, and SOA objectives."
Press releases you might also be interested in
Weitere Informationen zum Thema "Software":
10 ERP-Trends für 2018
Die Digitalisierung ist Front im Mittelstand angekommen. Je nachdem, wie intensiv sich die Unternehmen damit befassen, stehen im neuen Jahr völlig unterschiedliche Schwerpunkte für ERP-Anwender an.Weiterlesen