- Operationalizes Blockchain to deliver more value with tighter coupling to the enterprise
- Provides access to, visibility into, and action on Blockchain apps
- Enables real-time monitoring and analytics of Blockchain transactions and events
- Framework enriches functionality of blockchain applications
Once an organization has decided on the blockchain application that suits its business, the next step is to move it out of the incubator and tightly incorporate it within its enterprise applications.
Financial services organizations globally are investigating the benefits of using blockchain, but few are thinking beyond the perfect use case. Once they have decided on the blockchain application that suits their business, the next step is to move it out of its ‘test incubator’ where it was being proven, and tightly incorporate it within their enterprise applications.
Nigel Farmer, Industry Director for Capital Markets at Software AG, noted: “That is where the fun starts; making blockchain applications work in the real world is as much of a challenge as building the blockchain application itself.”
Organizations implementing blockchain do not want to add additional IT “spaghetti” on top of their existing technology infrastructure. They must be able to rapidly and seamlessly use blockchain to gain the advantages of the technology immediately without having to run complex, costly and lengthy re-architecting programs.
Interoperability of blockchain within an enterprise requires an intelligent blockchain access layer. The Software AG Digital Business Platform provides:
- A blockchain access layer that seamlessly integrates blockchain with legacy technology for interoperability;
- The ability to correlate and validate data, and apply business context going into blockchain;
- Governance and security to enterprise or industry-wide blockchains;
- Event processing and data aggregation for complete visibility on- and off- chain activities;
- Monitoring, exception management and alerting of blockchain events;
- Overlay service layer to enrich functionality of blockchain apps.
Blockchain technology is poised to change financial services dramatically. But organizations must ensure that their infrastructure can support it. This is possible with the use of Software AG’s Digital Business Platform.