Gruber Str. 60c
85586 Poing, de
+49 (8121) 774-459
Silica combines new products with specialist support services for total solution offering at Embedded World
Focus on Microcontrollers, Signal Chain, Smart Power and Design Tools / Embedded World 2012 - Stand 1-334, Nuremberg from 28 February to 1 March
Core 'n More / Microcontroller
Core 'n More brings together the company's portfolio of microcontroller solutions, tools, software support and design‐in services to help customers build smarter applications in the shortest time frame and with the best technical back‐up resources. Embedded World highlights include:
- Freescale: i.MX53x processor demo based on the ARM Cortex(TM) -A8 core and a Kinetis K60/K70 FPU Demo
- Infineon: Webserver/HMI demo based on the brand new XMC4000 ARM core
- Intel: Cedar Trail Atom Processor-Based Platform
- NXP: audio demo based on the LPC43xx: dual-core digital signal controller architecture
- Microchip: PIC32 demo
- Renesas: RX600 Motor Control demo
- TI: AM335x Cortex(TM) -A8 Microprocessor and Stellaris® LM4F ARM® Cortex(TM) -M4
The Xynergy development tool from Silica is ideal for the evaluation of mixed microcontroller/FPGA designs or general purpose industrial applications using Ethernet / USB / CAN / SPI / I²C. It combines an ARM Cortex-M3 based STMicroelectronics STM32F217 controller with a Xilinx Spartan-6 low-cost FPGA (XC6SLX16) in one design, the first module in the market that merges both technologies on a single board.
For LED street lighting and outdoor applications, Silica has worked with its partners to create a technology demonstrator that delivers illumination according to EU-street lighting class ME3a. In addition, PWM dimming and PLC capability will support the development of modern street lighting systems.
Additional demonstrations include the Xilinx ZYNQ-7000 HD video processing, the first generation of extensible processing platforms, and the Silica NXP Seriz II identification board.
Demonstrations of an 18-bit High Precision DAC based Signal Generator realized on Maxim's MAX5318 will be available, the only DAC to integrate output and reference buffers for precision without the use of expensive external op amps. National Semiconductor products from Texas Instruments will also feature, with the LMP90100 multichannel, low power 24-bit sensor AFE for precision sensor applications such as temperature and pressure. The ADS1248 precision 24 bit ADC with integrated low noise PGA for temperature sensors and the LMP91000 configurable AFE potentiostat for low power chemical sensing applications round it out. Other highlights:
- Analog Devices: PLC Reference Design - a flexible, reliable, isolated, Analog In-Out-Solution
- STMicroelectronics: MEMS & Sensors - Magnetometers; Accelerometers; Gyroscopes; Microphones and Pressure-Sensors on a single board
Silica's engineering team will demonstrate Infineon's innovative slimline SAB2402/SAB2403 open loop Class-D speaker amplifiers. Energy efficiency, digital and analogue input and high dynamic range are just a few features of these devices. In addition, Analog Devices' ADP1047 digital PFC controller with AC power meter combined with the ADP1043A digital controller for isolated power supplies will be on show, offering the flexibility of enhanced dynamic response, inrush control, programmable line fault responses and frequency synchronisation to suit a range of applications. Other demonstrations:
- TI: BQ-Tesla - Solutions for Wireless Charging
- National Semiconductor products from TI: SIMPLE SWITCHER® Nano Modules & Regulators
- Maxim: Max15118-Family - high-efficiency, up to 18A, step-down regulators with integrated switches
- STMicroelectronics: 5W Solar Charger with integrated MPPT for 1 cell Li-Ion Battery
Silica will also be present on the stand of its partner Microsoft in Hall 5, Booth 340.
The use of information published here for personal information and editorial processing is generally free of charge. Please clarify any copyright issues with the stated publisher before further use. In the event of publication, please send a specimen copy to email@example.com.