13811 Wireless Way
V6V 3A Richmond, British Columbia, ca
+1 (604) 232-1445
Sierra Wireless presents the industry's broadest embedded module product family
AirPrime(TM) Intelligent Embedded Modules help OEMs, system integrators and network operators bring M2M and mobile computing solutions to market on time with lower total cost of ownership
According to Sam Lucero of ABI Research, "Cellular M2M connections - which enable wireless data calls between machines - will approximately triple their current number of about 75 million by 2014. Sierra Wireless is a leading developer of intelligent embedded modules that enable this growth by integrating modules into devices used in a variety of sectors including automotive, energy, health care and transportation".
The AirPrime(TM) family includes an embedded wireless module for every need. Available form factors include BGA, PCI Express MiniCard, castellation, and boardtoboard connectors. Feature sets range from modemonly functionality to fully programmable application hosting capabilities. Air interfaces include both GSM and CDMA, from 2/2.5G to 3.5G. The AirPrime(TM) module family has been designed to meet the unique requirements of the mobile computing market as well as a variety of M2M vertical markets such as automotive, transportation, energy, industrial, security, sales & payment, field service & logistics, and healthcare. To manufacturers of mobile computing and mobile consumer devices, Sierra Wireless AirPrime(TM) modules offer early access to the latest air interfaces. For M2M applications with life cycles of 5 to 15 years or more, AirPrime(TM) products provide stable form factors, easy upgrade paths, and the ability to remotely upgrade software of devices in the field.
The Sierra Wireless AirPrime(TM) family includes:
- Sierra Wireless AirPrime(TM) MC Series Designed for Mobile Computing, Mobile Consumer, and Networking devices, the AirPrime(TM) MC Series modules are based on the PCI Express Mini Card standard with a USB 2.0 interface and work with EV-DO Rev A, HSPA or HSPA+ networks.
- Sierra Wireless AirPrime(TM) WMP Series The WMP Series combines embedded processor capability and wireless connectivity in a single device to reduce total system cost and size as well as to improve time to market and performance. AirPrime(TM) WMP Series products are certified processing and radio solutions in a BGA package, designed for GSM/GPRS cellular communication in industrial or automotive environments.
- Sierra Wireless AirPrime(TM) Q Series Designed for rapid mounting thanks to its industrial grade boardtoboard connector, the AirPrime(TM) Q Series brings scalability, allowing manufacturers to make a single product design that can communicate on any cellular protocol, anywhere in the world. The AirPrime(TM) Q Series includes footprint compatible GPRS, EDGE, HSPA and CDMA 1xRTT versions in order to streamline product development.
- Sierra Wireless AirPrime(TM) WS Series With a highly compact form factor, the AirPrime(TM) WS Series allows manufacturers to add GSM/GPRS voice and data connectivity to any of their products. The AirPrime WS(TM) Series devices come in a sleek castellation package for easy product integration.
addition, Sierra Wireless offers developers of wirelessly enabled industrial devices a solution for the challenges they face with SIM (Subscriber Identity Module) cards. SIM cards are designed for mobile phones, with consumer device lifetime and usage patterns in mind. Industrial M2M devices need to stay online for 5, 10 or 15 years, sometimes even longer. M2M products must also be designed to industrial grade to meet extreme environmental conditions of shock, corrosion, temperature, vibration and humidity to which consumer SIM cards are not exposed. The Sierra Wireless Embedded SIM is an awardwinning, fully industrialized and personalized SIM solution that removes the plastic packaging from a conventional SIM card, integrating the SIM function into the module itself at a component level. Sierra Wireless embedded SIM ensures 3GPP security, supports GSM/GPRS or GSM/GPRS/EDGE network technologies, and can have a service subscription already loaded. Embedded SIM is available on AirPrime(TM) Q Series (3GPP versions) and WMP Series modules.
The AirPrime(TM) Q Series and WMP Series Intelligent Embedded Modules also support Sierra Wireless AirVantage(TM) Management Services enabling remote monitoring and software upgrades of M2M devices in the field.
Sierra Wireless Product Families
- AirCard(R) Mobile Broadband Devices, including USB modems, data cards, and mobile hotspots, connect people wirelessly to colleagues, family, and friends over 3G and 4G networks worldwide
- AirPrime(TM) Intelligent Embedded Modules offer device manufacturers early access to wireless technologies and integration support to bring wireless devices to market quickly
- AirLink(TM) Intelligent Gateways and Routers provide rugged, highly configurable, and reliable wireless solutions for mission critical enterprise, industrial, and emergency services applications
- AirVantage(TM) Services Platforms and Solutions offer a comprehensive, scalable, service management platform that simplifies service delivery for network operators and M2M service providers
For more information about Sierra Wireless embedded modules please visit http://www.sierrawireless.com/....
This press release contains forwardlooking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. These forwardlooking statements relate to, among other things, plans and timing for the introduction or enhancement of our services and products, statements about future market conditions, supply conditions, channel and end customer demand conditions, revenues, gross margins, operating expenses, profits, and other expectations, intentions, and plans contained in this press release that are not historical fact. Our expectations regarding future revenues and earnings depend in part upon our ability to successfully develop, manufacture, and supply products that we do not produce today and that meet defined specifications. When used in this press release, the words "plan", "expect", "believe", and similar expressions generally identify forwardlooking statements. These statements reflect our current expectations. They are subject to a number of risks and uncertainties, including, but not limited to, changes in technology and changes in the wireless data communications market. In light of the many risks and uncertainties surrounding the wireless data communications market, you should understand that we cannot assure you that the forwardlooking statements contained in this press release will be realized.
The use of information published here for personal information and editorial processing is generally free of charge. Please clarify any copyright issues with the stated publisher before further use. In the event of publication, please send a specimen copy to email@example.com.