"M2M applications have traditionally been very difficult to build and even harder to manage as the number of devices increases," said Emmanuel Walckenaer, Senior Vice President, Solutions and Services at Sierra Wireless. "The AirVantage M2M Cloud is designed to eliminate the complexity from M2M, making machine information quickly and easily accessible to any business application, and to scale for tomorrow's billionth device."
In conjunction with this new release of AirVantage, Sierra Wireless has joined the Amazon Web Services Partner Network as an APN Technology Partner. This collaboration makes it easy for customers to use the AirVantage APIs to build M2M applications that run seamlessly on the Amazon Web Services cloud infrastructure. The joint solution eliminates the need for any on-premise IT infrastructure and further accelerating time-to-market and improving scalability.
AirVantage M2M Cloud
The AirVantage™ M2M Cloud provides a secure, scalable, device-to-cloud infrastructure for collecting and transmitting M2M data to and from any number of connected devices, and linking that data to any number of enterprise applications. AirVantage includes: state-of-the-art globally distributed data centers for securely storing machine information; web 2.0 APIs for enterprises to access and share machine information, and integrated subscription management with nine network operators worldwide. AirVantage is tightly integrated with Sierra Wireless devices and supports third-party devices through the open source AirVantage Agent, dramatically speeding time-to-market for customers while providing complete flexibility in selecting hardware.
The new AirVantage M2M Cloud is available in two components:
- AirVantage Management Service is the only cloud application that allows businesses to deploy monitor, and configure complete M2M systems, going far beyond the capability of typical device management and setting the standard for next generation device management applications. A new task-based user-interface (UI) enables one-click firmware updates, and a new interactive monitoring dashboard provides unique ‘at-a-glance’ visibility into the status of any M2M deployment. Furthermore, the ability to associate devices, or any grouping of devices, with specific firmware and embedded applications, as well as manage airtime subscriptions, brings unparalleled simplicity and scale to M2M operations.
- AirVantage Enterprise Platform accelerates M2M development by providing easy access to machine data using the latest cloud API standards, including RESTful APIs and OAuth 2.0 support. It enables customers to quickly and securely:
- Collect and transmit machine data to and from any number of connected devices, using any network operator around the world
- Integrate machine data with their existing backend systems, enterprise and cloud applications to connect sales, marketing, accounting, field workers, and management with valuable machine information
- Leverage the machine data to create innovative web and mobile applications that generate new revenue streams and add value to an offering by connecting their customers with product or service information.
For more information about the Sierra Wireless AirVantage M2M Cloud, please visit http://www.sierrawireless.com/... or view our video.
To learn more about how AirVantage can augment M2M deployments in the Enterprise, Energy, Infrastructure, and Healthcare markets, please visit our website and download our latest AirVantage whitepapers.
To contact the Sierra Wireless Sales Desk, call +1 (604) 232-1488 or visit http://www.sierrawireless.com/....
Forward Looking Statements
This press release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. These forward-looking statements relate to, among other things, plans and timing for the introduction or enhancement of our services and products, statements about future market conditions, supply conditions, channel and end customer demand conditions, revenues, gross margins, operating expenses, profits, and other expectations, intentions, and plans contained in this press release that are not historical fact. Our expectations regarding future revenues and earnings depend in part upon our ability to successfully develop, manufacture, and supply products that we do not produce today and that meet defined specifications. When used in this press release, the words "plan", "expect", "believe", and similar expressions generally identify forward-looking statements. These statements reflect our current expectations. They are subject to a number of risks and uncertainties, including, but not limited to, changes in technology and changes in the wireless data communications market. In light of the many risks and uncertainties surrounding the wireless data communications market, you should understand that we cannot assure you that the forward-looking statements contained in this press release will be realized.