13811 Wireless Way
V6V 3A Richmond, British Columbia, ca
+1 (604) 232-1445
Sierra Wireless 4G LTE gateway now available for the AT&T network
AirLink® GX440 leverages 4G network for video surveillance, public safety, and field service applications, offers rugged hardware design and flexible deployment options
AirLink GX gateways are designed for use in mobile environments (such as fleet management, field service, and public safety) or for fixed/portable settings (such as industrial, utilities, security, enterprise, and point-of-sale applications). They offer a leading-edge combination of features, including top-notch processor performance, superior ruggedness, remote management and configuration capabilities with AirLink device management tools, and an expansion slot for hardware feature enhancements such as additional physical interfaces or wireless local and personal area networking.
AirLink GX440 gateways also support the new ALEOS(TM) Application Framework, which includes an integrated development environment, feature-rich libraries, and a comprehensive set of tools that can be used to develop custom machine-to-machine (M2M) applications on top of the proven ALEOS embedded intelligence platform. The ALEOS Application Framework enables developers using AirLink® wireless gateways to integrate "intelligence on the edge" for more efficient, cost-effective deployment and operation of M2M solutions.
"The AirLink GX440 offers AT&T customers a high-bandwidth solution that enables them to take advantage of AT&T's LTE network for a wide range of applications," said Emmanuel Walckenaer, Senior Vice President, Solutions and Services for Sierra Wireless. "The combination of rugged hardware; powerful, flexible software; and integration of deployment and management makes the AirLink GX440 a compelling solution, and we're pleased to be able to offer it to AT&T customers."
Sierra Wireless AirLink(TM) GX Series of Intelligent Gateways
Flexible and powerful enough to meet the needs of a wide range of applications in the transportation, industrial machine-to-machine (M2M) and enterprise markets, the Sierra Wireless AirLink GX Series makes solution deployment faster, easier and less expensive for mobile network operators, OEMs, application service providers and end customers. With the AirLink GX Series, system integrators can standardize on a single gateway platform to serve the needs of all of their customers. Key features include:
- Rugged hardware design - Engineered and verified to comply with industry and wireless requirements including Mil-STD 810-F, IEC60068, IP64, Class 1 Div 2, and e-Mark
- High processing performance - ARM 11-class microprocessor architecture with high-capacity DDR memory provides a powerful foundation for high-bandwidth applications
- Security - Support for security protocols that enable integration in IPsec-compliant VPNs and PCI-compliant solutions
- Multiple physical interfaces - Provides a one-device-fits-all solution
- ALEOS(TM) embedded intelligence - Provides a highly configurable platform and comprehensive remote management capabilities, enabling over-the-air firmware upgrades, events reporting, and much more
- AirLink Management Services - Cloud-based remote management for the GX Series can also be employed to manage existing AirLink 2G and 3G devices, easing integration and deployment into existing systems. Powered by Sierra Wireless AirVantage(TM) M2M Cloud Platform.
- Optional Wi-Fi X-card - Enables hotspot and client mode via 802.11 b/g/n, extending 4G LTE signal beyond the device and enabling multiple devices to be connected either in a small office or in a vehicle. The WiFi X-card is available as an installation option with a new AirLink GX440 or as an aftermarket option and can easily be installed by an authorized reseller.
The AirLink GX440 rugged wireless gateway is available from value-added resellers of AirLink products. To locate a reseller, please visit http://www.sierrawireless.com/....
Visit the Sierra Wireless website for more information about the AirLink GX440 rugged wireless gateway.
To learn more about how 4G LTE can benefit M2M applications, download our whitepaper, LTE and M2M: Converging Paths.
To contact the Sierra Wireless Sales Desk, call +1 (604) 232-1488 or visit http://www.sierrawireless.com/....
Forward Looking Statements
This press release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. These forward-looking statements relate to, among other things, plans and timing for the introduction or enhancement of our services and products, statements about future market conditions, supply conditions, channel and end customer demand conditions, revenues, gross margins, operating expenses, profits, and other expectations, intentions, and plans contained in this press release that are not historical fact. Our expectations regarding future revenues and earnings depend in part upon our ability to successfully develop, manufacture, and supply products that we do not produce today and that meet defined specifications. When used in this press release, the words "plan", "expect", "believe", and similar expressions generally identify forward-looking statements. These statements reflect our current expectations. They are subject to a number of risks and uncertainties, including, but not limited to, changes in technology and changes in the wireless data communications market. In light of the many risks and uncertainties surrounding the wireless data communications market, you should understand that we cannot assure you that the forward-looking statements contained in this press release will be realized.
The use of information published here for personal information and editorial processing is generally free of charge. Please clarify any copyright issues with the stated publisher before further use. In the event of publication, please send a specimen copy to email@example.com.