Why you get more customer feedback with aero-domains
Not only will the aero-domain remove you from the anonymity of traditional domain names such as .com and country specific domain names, it can help you:
* Protect your identity: through registration of your company name, main products and services, you can protect your online identity
* Promote your business focus: the .aero domain is exclusive to the aviation industry; an email or web address with an aero-domain name immediately identifies you as a key industry player.
* The aero-domain can provide you with online marketing opportunities that will help boost your business:
* Promote your products and services: With individual, aviation specific domain names for various products and services, you can more effectively promote each of those offerings.
* Track advertising: Through use of individual domain names for products and services, or a domain name unique to a promotional activity, you can track the success of a particular campaign more readily.
* Increase your Internet presence: Having a focused domain name can help optimize your website for search engines and build traffic!
Registration in .aero is not available to everyone. Unlike generic TLDs, the aero
-domains apply a process which ensures that each registrant is a valid aviation community member -- a process that safeguards .aero’s exclusivity and integrity and communicates a unique identity.
Moving from an exisiting domain to a new domain, need not be a difficult process.
Step 1 Have your DNS or email administrator configure your DNS, so that your aero-domain web address will display your desired web site and redirect your email.
Or request this service from your aero-domain registrar, have them redirect all web visit and email to your existing web address for a specified phase-our period.
Step 2 Notify all your external contacts of your new aero-domain email and web address – this communication can be carried out by email or print or as part of ongoing communications e.g. with outgoing invoices or placed orders.
Step 3 Ensure that you email profile (signature, footer and header) reflect your new email and web address – make use of a customized header to promote awareness of this change to your contacts.
Step 4 Ensure that your business cards, stationery, presentations and collateral carry the correct information – this can be carried out over the stock life of the existing pieces.
Step 5 Add an advisory banner to your web site advising visitors of your change in web and email address and email, request that they update their bookmark and review their address book.
How to change my contact details?
All domain names are registered by authorised Registrars. In order to change your contact details you will need to contact the Registrar with whom you registered your domain name.
If you are not sure who is your Registrar, simply type in your domain name in the Check names box, and consult the information that the "whois" functionality provides to you on the line concerning your "Sponsoring Registrar", in order to find the contact details.
Who can change my DNS information?
Registrars execute changes to your DNS information. The change procedure varies according to registrar. Please refer to your registrar's web site for further details or contact them directly.
Once I register and have a domain, how many email addresses could I have?
The number of email accounts depends entirely on you and the arrangement with your ISP or web hosting company. Many customers use two domains in parallel and redirect traffic from one to another, there are many possibilities. Either your current web hosting provider or the aero-domain registrar you choose, should be able to provide individual advice, arrange for web hosting, or redirection to your current web site.
Will my aero-domain websites or addresses be able to co-exist with my current .com extension?
Yes. This is a matter of asking your domain administrator to configure your DNS
as you require. Your administrator will be able to ensure, for example, that your desired website is displayed when using your aero-domain address. Otherwise, you can ask your registrar to do this change for you.
Press releases you might also be interested in
Weitere Informationen zum Thema "Luft- / Raumfahrt":
Microsoft investiert in das Internet der Dinge
In den kommenden vier Jahren will Microsoft insgesamt fünf Milliarden US-Dollar (rund 4,07 Milliarden Euro) in IoT-Lösungen auf Basis eigener Technologien investieren. Damit will der Redmonder Konzern die digitale Transformation beschleunigen.Weiterlesen