50858 Koeln, de
+49 (221) 2571213
Trademark Clearinghouse: Protect from brand hijack
Research Results of a new Trademark Clearinghouse Survey
hundreds of new Top Level Domains (TLD) will soon begin to appear in the
online space. While the new extensions offer exciting opportunities for
brands and businesses online, ensuring the protection of intellectual
property and official trademarks across all of the new domains requires a
proactive approach from all of the stakeholders involved.
With the first new TLD launch expected this year, now is the time for the Trademark Clearinghouse (TMCH) to start encouraging IP and trademark holders to adopt a proactive stance in relation to the new domains - to ensure their best protection. Working with independent research agency Vanson Bourne, the TMCH has been able to gauge the business reactions to the changing domain landscape, the following results determine:
• the level of business awareness regarding the launch of the new domains this year
• whether businesses have adequately assessed the impact that the new TLD
programme might have on their intellectual property
• the number of businesses that plan to submit their trademarks into the
• the perceived level of threat the new domains present to trademark /IP holders
• where the responsibility lies within an organisation when it comes to protecting
The results are revealed in an independent survey, commissioned by Deloitte and conducted by Vanson Bourne, of 200 global consumer-facing businesses with 3,000-10,000+ employees – regarding their IP provisions in light of the new domain initiative.
The use of information published here for personal information and editorial processing is generally free of charge. Please clarify any copyright issues with the stated publisher before further use. In the event of publication, please send a specimen copy to email@example.com.