Joint Venture between Schmid and YAYA Tech

(PresseBox) ( Freudenstadt, )
On 18.2.09 the German concern Gebr. Schmid GmbH + Co. and the Taiwanese company YAYA Tech put the seal on a joint venture agreement. As from 1st March 2009 the enterprise SYT Schmid YAYA Tech now belongs to the international Schmid Group.

The company YAYA Tech which is based in Hsin-Chu City (Taiwan) was founded in 1986 and now specialises in the production of inspection systems. For two years running, in 2008 and again in 2009 YAYA received the "Good Design Award" for their AOI inspection systems in the printed board sector. Taking a look at the proportioning of their manpower it is evident that the Taiwanese manufacturer YAYA Tech attaches great importance to research: no less than 28 % of their 74 employees are engaged in research and development. Schmid began the successful cooperation in the photovoltaic sector with YAYA Tech in the year 2008 when they redesigned the Wafer Metrology Sorter, optimising its functionality in collaborative development work.

Leading technological innovations and many years of processing expertise are distinctions earned by the Schmid company which was founded in 1864. In the 1970s Schmid advanced to market leader in the printed board sector. In 2001 the technology supplier invested successfully in the photovoltaic market and is today the leading supplier of technology for production systems in the manufacture of silicon-based wafers, cells and modules. In the business year 2008 the group turnover amounted to 425 mio. euros, of which 350 mio. euros were realised in the photovoltaic sector alone.

Optical inspection systems

The new group member, Schmid YAYA Tech, will be successively established as the internal centre of expertise and development for optical inspection systems. This applies to the complete wafer metrology, wafer inspections, micro-crack inspections, layer thickness measurement (ARC coating) as well as the inspection of the front and rear side of cells. These systems do not only find their place in Schmid's own machines, but they are also marketed as single systems.

The Schmid product portfolio

With the integration of optical inspection systems in their product portfolio, Schmid now covers over 90 % of the entire value chain in the wafer backend, cell and module production with their own equipment. The remaining 10 % is supplied by cooperating partners. Single systems, integrated production concepts, automatic production systems and complete turnkey process chains make up the company's range of products. As a system partner Schmid guarantees its customers full process guarantee.
Für die oben stehenden Pressemitteilungen, das angezeigte Event bzw. das Stellenangebot sowie für das angezeigte Bild- und Tonmaterial ist allein der jeweils angegebene Herausgeber (siehe Firmeninfo bei Klick auf Bild/Meldungstitel oder Firmeninfo rechte Spalte) verantwortlich. Dieser ist in der Regel auch Urheber der Pressetexte sowie der angehängten Bild-, Ton- und Informationsmaterialien.
Die Nutzung von hier veröffentlichten Informationen zur Eigeninformation und redaktionellen Weiterverarbeitung ist in der Regel kostenfrei. Bitte klären Sie vor einer Weiterverwendung urheberrechtliche Fragen mit dem angegebenen Herausgeber. Bei Veröffentlichung senden Sie bitte ein Belegexemplar an