69190 Walldorf, de
+49 (180) 53434-24
NAVTEQ Map24, MapQuest and Others Enhance User Experience for SAP(R) Business ByDesign(TM) Customers
Web Services Within Innovative On-Demand Solution from SAP Address Customers' Multiple Business Needs
New collaboration agreements allow SAP Business ByDesign to be preconfigured to use Web services from Business Wire, Falk online, Google, GoYellow.de, Hoover's, MapQuest, Morningstar and NAVTEQ Map24. Depending on their local reach, the nine complementary services are available immediately to customers in the six target go-to-market countries for SAP Business ByDesign: China, France, Germany, India, the United Kingdom and the United States. These Web services are:
- Business Wire is a global market leader in commercial news distribution. Thousands of member companies and organizations depend on Business Wire to transmit their full-text news releases, regulatory filings, photos and other multimedia content. SAP Business ByDesign customers can subscribe to a Business Wire RSS feed to automatically receive important news on a regular basis, displayed on the user's SAP Business ByDesign homepage.
- Falk online is a premier mobility portal offering high-quality services, such as route planning and town and city maps, to people on the move. SAP Business ByDesign customers in Germany can map and route customers, suppliers and other contacts.
- Google's innovative search technologies connect millions of people around the world with information every day. SAP Business ByDesign users can now use Google Web Search, Google News, Google Finance, Google Maps and Google Product Search. Additionally, Google's targeted advertising program provides businesses of all sizes with measurable results
- GoYellow.de, the directory assistance service, is one of the most popular online addresses in Germany. The site provides contact details for 34 million individuals and businesses throughout the country. SAP Business ByDesign users in Germany are able to leverage the reverse phone lookup functionality provided by GoYellow.
- Hoover's offers businesses insightful information about companies, industries and key decision makers, along with powerful tools to find and connect to the right people to get business done. A combination of editorial expertise and thorough data collection with both user-generated and company-supplied content gives customers a 360-degree view.
- MapQuest.com is a leading mapping Web site in the United States with additional coverage worldwide. SAP Business ByDesign users can map and route contacts, suppliers and leads with MapQuest's reliable site. MapQuest also provides an industry-leading geospatial Web services platform to build engaging mapping solutions for Web sites. SAP Business ByDesign customers can map and route customers, suppliers and other contacts in France, Italy, Spain, the UK, the U.S. and Germany.
- Morningstar, Inc. provides independent investment research in North America, Europe, Australia and Asia. The research company offers data on more than 280,000 investment offerings worldwide. SAP Business ByDesign customers can combine account information with the service from Morningstar in order to gain financial data about suppliers and customers.
- NAVTEQ Map24, a leading provider of comprehensive digital map information, creates the digital maps and map content that powers navigation- and location-based services solutions around the world. SAP Business ByDesign users can map and route customers, suppliers and other contacts worldwide.
"We are excited to offer midsize companies our market-leading services as preconfigured option within SAP Business ByDesign," said Bruno Bourguet, senior vice president, Sales Europe, Middle East and Africa, NAVTEQ. "Providing our services within the solution enables users to be more productive. This is a great example of how Web services can add value in a business context. Our Web services can, for instance, be used by sales representatives to gather prospect information and plan the ideal route for their sales trips with just one click."
SAP Business ByDesign enables customers to quickly and cost-effectively adapt their existing IT solutions to meet the changing needs of their businesses. The addition of preconfigured Web services provides customers a wide variety of new options to more easily integrate business and data services. One or multiple Web services can be used in combination with SAP Business ByDesign, or internal data and services can be enriched with external or personalized information for one unified experience. SAP plans to expand the number of preconfigured Web services with the next release of SAP Business ByDesign, planned for the third quarter of 2009.
"Including preconfigured third party Web services is a valuable enhancement to SAP Business ByDesign, as it improves user productivity and user experience," said Hans-Peter Klaey, president of SME and corporate officer, SAP AG. "This is yet another step forward for SAP Business ByDesign in meeting the needs of midsize companies looking for an integrated and complete on-demand business solution for their entire operation."
Die Nutzung von hier veröffentlichten Informationen zur Eigeninformation und redaktionellen Weiterverarbeitung ist in der Regel kostenfrei. Bitte klären Sie vor einer Weiterverwendung urheberrechtliche Fragen mit dem angegebenen Herausgeber. Bei Veröffentlichung senden Sie bitte ein Belegexemplar an email@example.com.