Over 10 Million Downloads of BBM for Android and iPhone in the First Day
BBM achieves top ranking in the App Store in over 75 countries within the first 24 hours
BBM also quickly rose through the rankings on the App Store to be the number one free app in more than 75 countries in the first 24 hours, including the US, Canada, the UK, Indonesia and most of the Middle East. User ratings in both the App Store and Google Play are overwhelmingly positive, earning BBM 60,000 five-star reviews on Google Play from about 87,000 reviews.
"This has been an incredible launch for BBM across Android and iPhone devices. The mobile messaging market is full of opportunity for BBM. We intend to be the leading private social network for everyone who needs the immediate communication and collaboration of instant messaging combined with the privacy, control and reliability delivered through BBM," said Andrew Bocking, Executive Vice President, BBM at BlackBerry.
BBM users, old and new, are enjoying the following features:
- BBM Chat - Enjoy real, immediate conversations with friends on Android, iPhone and BlackBerry smartphones. Not only does BBM let people know their message has been delivered and read, it also shows them when a contact is responding to a message.
- More than chat - With BBM, customers can simply and instantly share files such as photos and voice notes. Multi-person chats are a great way to invite contacts to chat together.
- Get in the Group - BBM Groups lets users invite up to 30 friends to chat together, as well as share photo albums, calendars and files.
- Post Updates and stay in the know - BBM lets people post a personal message, profile picture and a current status, and lets contacts see statuses instantly in Updates.
- Your unique PIN - Every BBM user has a unique PIN that maintains privacy, so users are not required to ever give out their phone number or email address to a new or casual contact.
For more information on BBM, or to download BBM, please visit www.bbm.com. Follow @BBM on Twitter for the latest news and updates.
BBM has more than 60 million monthly active customers, with more than 51 million people using BBM an average of 90 minutes per day. BBM customers collectively send and receive more than 10 billion messages each day, nearly twice as many messages per user per day as compared to other mobile messaging apps. Almost half of BBM messages are read within 20 seconds of being received; indicating how truly engaged BBM customers are.
BlackBerry Deutschland GmbH
A global leader in wireless innovation, BlackBerry® revolutionized the mobile industry when it was introduced in 1999. Today, BlackBerry aims to inspire the success of our millions of customers around the world by continuously pushing the boundaries of mobile experiences. Founded in 1984 and based in Waterloo, Ontario, BlackBerry operates offices in North America, Europe, Asia Pacific and Latin America. BlackBerry is listed on the NASDAQ Stock Market (NASDAQ: BBRY) and the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX: BB). For more information, visit www.blackberry.com.
Press releases you might also be interested in
Weitere Informationen zum Thema "Software":
Die Maschine lernt nie aus
Künstliche Intelligenz (KI) ist ein neues Stichwort im Beschaffungsmanagement. Aber was kann sie wirklich leisten? Technologisch hat KI schon seit längerem einen hohen Reifegrad erreicht, doch erst die heute verfügbaren großen Datenmengen und die hohe und günstige Rechenpower ermöglichen entsprechende Anwendungen für das ProcurementWeiterlesen