22926 Ahrensburg, de
+49 (4102) 468931
Double Speed by Means of Real-Time Operating System
New Entry -Level NAS: ICY BOX IB-NAS5310, Euro 89.00*
What is so special with an RTOS (real-time operating system) to make the new ICY BOX so fast? It is a characteristic of an RTOS to prioritize important tasks and to postpone less important routines. Imagine you are approaching a sales desk and the sales clerk is NOT talking on the phone with his wife about what to bring home for dinner ("less important routine"). Only your order is important, it is prioritized and processed without any interruption and thus finished in half time.
The ICY BOX has a bay for a 3.5" SATA HDD with up to 2 TB, can operate in the Gigabit LAN and employs an Oxford OXE 810SE chip with 367 MHz. Thanks to the RTOS it achieves speeds up to 50 MBit/s reading which is twice as fast as possible with a "usual" Linux OS under otherwise comparable conditions.
High transfer rates are in demand especially for multimedia data. With the ICY BOX everything fits. For it has UPnP AV. With a multimedia player or a games console with DLNA like the Xbox 360 or the PS3 you can play multimedia data stored on the NAS on a TV set.
Even Without Network
Also as an external HDD enclosure the IB-NAS5310 is one of the fastest due to its USB 3.0 interface. Thus it will pay off to take the NAS simply with you and connect it to a computer at some other place.
Design and Built
The robust aluminium case and the upright posture enable an effective dissipation of heat. The device doesn't need a fan. Thus you don't have to hide it in the cabinet because of noise. Interfaces: Gigabit LAN, USB 3.0, USB 2.0 for a printer.
This particularly fast NAS comes with a particularly streamlined price: Euro 89.00 (*recommended, incl. VAT).
• Up to twice as fast as comparable NAS due to its Real-Time Operating System
• 6 Servers in one:
- Samba (Windows Network shares, Mac OS X)
- FTP Server (Remote access via Internet)
- DHCP (automatic network configuration)
- Printer server (share printer over network)
- BitTorrent™ Protocol (download through Torrent P2P network)
- UPnP-AV (Streaming of videos, music and pictures to multimedia devices)
• For home and small office networks
• Easy configuration via web browser
• Supports 1x 3,5" SATA HDDs up to 2 TB
• Host link via Ethernet or USB interface possible
- Gigabit Ethernet interface
- USB 3.0 (up to 5 Gbit/s) for direct
connection to a PC
- USB 2.0 host for printer connection
• Low noise, fanless design
• Low power consumption
• Aluminium enclosure
The use of information published here for personal information and editorial processing is generally free of charge. Please clarify any copyright issues with the stated publisher before further use. In the event of publication, please send a specimen copy to email@example.com.