RFS achieved deployments all over the world in 2016, including:
- Armenia: Multi-band 4G network for commercial radio in the Yerevan Metro
- Belgium: Brussels road tunnels
- Brazil: Multiple high-profile locations including strategic venues for Rio 2016 Olympic Games such as the Main Olympic Stadium (Engenhão Stadium), International Broadcasting Center (IBC), Main Press Center (MPC), Rio Centro venue and projects for more capacity at the Maracanã and Mineirão Stadiums; Several new hotels and malls in Latin America; Mission critical radio network (TETRA) for Metro Rio de Janeiro.
- China: Various RADIAFLEX® radiating cable based coverage solutions thereof Wuhan metro, Qingdao metro, Chengdu metro, Guangzhou metro and Nanning metro (multiple lines)
- Hong Kong: Network replacement at ten selected stations and the associated running tracks on Island Line (ISL), Kwun Tong Line (KTL), Tsuen Wan Line (TWL), Tseung Kwan O Line (TKL) and West Rail Line (WRL) to support the additional mobile phone services of LTE signals in the frequency bands of 1800MHz, 2100MHz, 2300MHz and 2600MHz.
- Denmark: Copenhagen’s Cityringen Metro project dedicated to providing 2G/3G/4G cellular coverage
- Germany: High-speed rail tunnels (mission critical and commercial radio systems), ICE in-train coverage, various in-building and in-tunnel BOS radio systems
- Indonesia: Rail tunnels
- Iran: Metro networks in Mashhad and Shiraz
- Mexico: Several projects in the Mexico City Metro
- Netherlands: Security radio coverage for road tunnels
- Norway: Various road tunnels utilizing TETRA radio
- Republic of Korea: Phase 2 of the Seoul Incheon Airport
- Singapore: North East Line of the Singapore Metro supporting its commercial radio system; Mission critical radio for energy cable tunnels
- Spain: Line 3 of the Bilbao Metro
- Turkey: GSM-R project Kayseri-Sivas-Çetinkaya
- USA: Metro and Subway networks in New York and California; Cellular and mission critical networks in Washington and New York City; Mining projects; Manufacturing enhanced to support Buy America Act
To highlight an already successful year, RFS was honored to provide wireless communication systems for several main venues hosting the 2016 Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro. RFS’ turnkey solution included provision of active DAS system equipment and passive components. RFS also managed the project to ensure reliable, high-capacity wireless communications at the Games. Additionally, RFS expanded its U.S. manufacturing capabilities in 2016 to offer faster delivery of its radiating cable products for North American customers and to support the Buy America Act.
The RFS RADIAFLEX® suite of radiating cables is designed to provide wireless broadband coverage for confined areas. The unique design allows RFS to offer cables that support current and future indoor commercial and essential radio services from 30 MHz to 2700 MHz and above for valuable cost savings. The broadband feature enables cables to work on different bands in one single coverage system, thereby supporting multiple carriers and multiple standards sharing the same infrastructure.
RFS CELLFLEX® foam dielectric feeder cables provide a reliable and technically superior solution when used as backbone feeders in cellular radio systems, including GSM, UMTS and LTE networks. They are also used for DAS radio equipment interconnections and jumper assemblies. Once installed, these cables ensure uninterrupted communications with low attenuation and complete shielding. Superior voltage standing wave ratio (VSWR) performance and low Passive Intermodulation (PIM) of RFS cables and components help maintain system integrity at all times. And a full range of flame- and fire-retardant feeder and radiating cables is available, which meet the most stringent requirements and safety standards for indoor applications.