85540 Haar / Salmdorf, de
+49 (8806) 503-313
Pickering Interfaces to Showcase Latest Switching Modules and Chassis at SMT Hybrid Packaging 2015 in Nuremburg, Germany
For their PXI range, Pickering will feature new products, including:
- Two additions to their 16A PXI switching family - a new 16A power multiplexer and a new 16A matrix module, both of these feature high density, high current switching
- A new PXI isolated power supply - fixed output voltage power supplies for powering DUTs with medium power consumption
For their PCI range, Pickering will feature the new:
- PCI 2A Fault Insertion Switch - for switching fault conditions for burn-in/endurance testing of Electronic Control Units (ECUs)
Additional switching products being shown in the booth include:
PXI RF Solid State 6 GHz Multiplexers (40-88X) - includes an SP8T (8:1) MUX occupying two PXI slots and an SP16T (16:1) MUX occupying three PXI slots. Each MUX uses solid-state switches that ensure fast switch operation time of 50µs, very repeatable performance, and a virtually infinite service life when used within ratings.
PXI Microwave Multiplexer Updates (40-784A) supports one, two, or three microwave multiplexers, and the multiplexers can be ordered with either 4 or 6-way multiplexers. The multiplexers fitted to each model are characterized for bandwidths of 6, 18, 26.5, or 40 GHz and have excellent performance and switch life throughout their frequency range. All models occupy just two 3U PXI slots and feature LED's that indicate which path of the multiplexer is closed.
PXI BRIC Family of Large Matrix Modules and Multiplexers - With Pickering's BRICs, the use of high-density packaging and integrated backplanes enables a large matrix to be implemented with no user configuration or special matrix expansion kits. These matrices use thru-hole relays (not surface mount) and can be serviced using standard de-soldering tools simplifying repair and reducing downtime. Our BRIC's integrated design ensures high matrix performance with high signal bandwidth and fewer system implementation errors.
All the PXI modules can be used in any PXI chassis, can be fitted to PXI hybrid slots in a PXIe chassis and can also be used in Pickering's LXI Modular chassis for users preferring control via an Ethernet port.
LXI Wideband Modular Matrix (65-110) offers an RF solution that can be easily reconfigured by the removal and insertion of sub-cards. This matrix provides routing for up to 16 of 104 X connections simultaneously to 16 measuring devices on the Y-axis with a usable BW of 500MHz. The Large Hadron Collider (LHC) at the European Organization for Nuclear Research, known as CERN, chose this matrix for the switching system to be deployed on its Oasis monitoring system.
New Switching System Management Tools
- Tecap Switching - Pickering's new signal routing software simplifies signal routing through switching systems and speeds up the development of switching system software. Tecap Switching supports Pickering's switching modules and the interconnection between these products.
- eBIRST™ Switching System Test Tools - new test tools can quickly test Pickering's switching systems and identify the faulty relays. Once identified the tools then display a graphical representation of the switching system PCB assembly, highlighting the relays that need to be replaced.
Pickering Interfaces stands behind all of their manufactured products with a standard three-year warranty and guaranteed long-term product support. Pricing and availability information is supplied on their website at www.pickeringtest.com.
The use of information published here for personal information and editorial processing is generally free of charge. Please clarify any copyright issues with the stated publisher before further use. In the event of publication, please send a specimen copy to firstname.lastname@example.org.