"We are continually impressed by our customers and are honoured to play a supporting role in the many innovations and creative work they deliver," said Christopher Seiwald, CEO of Perforce. "We started the Versionary Awards as a way of recognising our customers who are stretching the boundaries of what can be done in software development, and who boldly go where no version management has gone before."
Versionary Award winners were selected from 114 nominations submitted from around the world. Categories and recipients include:
- Best Adoption of Continuous Delivery Principles - Edmunds.com
Version control is essential to establishing a continuous delivery pipeline. This award recognises the Perforce customer who most completely adopted these principles, storing all product source code, configuration, environment and related documentation in a single version control platform.
- Best Versioning of Everything for Everyone - McKesson Specialty Health
This award recognises Perforce customers who are opening up versioning to users and content beyond developers and source code.
- Best Third-Generation Globalisation - Ruckus Wireless
In 3G globalisation, development teams across continents and time zones all commit to the same project. This award recognises those companies that are using Perforce to enable this challenging, but rewarding development style.
- Best Use of Open Source with Perforce - Bank of America
This award recognises companies that are using Perforce to version and connect their open-source and in-house components.
- Best Perforce Product Developed by a Customer - ALOC A/S
Perforce customers often use Perforce technology as a versioning platform on which they build advance new applications and capabilities. This award recognises these innovations.
- Most Innovation Application of Perforce - AMD
This award recognises companies using Perforce in unique and creative ways.
- Best Use of Perforce for Auditing and Compliance - GE Healthcare
This award recognises companies that are managing risk by using Perforce to track key deployment information.
- Perforce World Records:
Versionary Awards are also given to companies that raised the bar in their use of Perforce. Including the following:
- Most Unusual File Stored in Perforce - Pixar and Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (co-winners)
- Highest Changelist Number - Blackberry
- Most Varied File Types in a Single Depot - Ubisoft
Free for 20 Users
All Perforce products are provided free of charge for up to 20 users. Perforce is also free to all educational institutions and for open source projects. To take advantage of the Perforce 20/20 program or to sign-up for a free OnDemand trial of Perforce, please visit www.perforce.com.