NTS Retail’s approach to delivering an engaging customer experience in telco retail works by tapping into both worlds: a great e-commerce presence and a well-functioning physical retail environment. The nominated digital transformation program identifies five major objectives in the process:
- Transitioning the telco store to an omnichannel environment
- Managing waiting times by ensuring a smooth welcoming experience
- Empowering store associates to drive sales by providing tools for guided selling
- Gaining insights into the customers’ needs and their behavior and using these analytics to increase customer engagement
- Reducing costs per sale through process streamlining
Asked how TM Forum played a part in the conception of NTS Retail’s solution, Bernd Steinwender, Head of Product Management, responded, “Thanks to TM Forum, we were able to create a real showcase, demonstrating the omnichannel customer journey we’ve been working on. Aspects of the digital and the physical retail environment come together to form a consistent, unified user story. Not only did this process provide us with invaluable insights, it gave us a clear perspective on where we need to head in developing our solution.”
“This latest nomination is a great sign that we’re on the right path. But we’re nowhere near done. We want to understand telco customers and their journey even better and deliver in providing a best-in-class solution,” he continued.
The winner will be crowned at this year’s TM Forum Digital Transformation World (May 13th to May 17th).