Herrenberger Straße 140
71034 Böblingen, de
+49 (89) 206002118
Novell Delivers Broadest and Most Integrated Portfolio of Identity and Security Management Solutions in Support of SAP Enterprise Software Applications
Novell today announced the industry's most comprehensive and integrated platform of identity and security management solutions optimized for use with the SAP NetWeaver® platform and SAP® business software applications. Targeted to address enterprise needs for end-to-end management solutions, Novell's identity and security management products augment SAP solutions for governance, risk and compliance (SAP solutions for GRC), as well as human resources and enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems. With Novell® identity and security management solutions, SAP customers have access to powerful and flexible policy management and enforcement capabilities, allowing them to reduce redundant administrative costs, automate tedious and error-prone manual processes, simplify password management, and adapt quickly to a changing employee structure. Today's announcement was made at the SAPPHIRE® 2008 Orlando conference.
"Our customers are demanding efficient and effective technology to help secure and manage their IT infrastructures and meet compliance requirements," said Mark Ford, principal, Security & Privacy Services, Deloitte & Touche LLP. "Optimizing identity and security management software for use with SAP ERP, SAP solutions for GRC and human resources applications has the potential to address the industry need for identity-enabled, integrated security solutions."
Iain Boag, senior vice president of Global Alliances at Atos Origin, said, "Atos Origin recently formed a worldwide partnership with Novell to deliver joint compliance and governance solutions and services. Novell's solutions in support of SAP applications strengthens our ability to deliver end-to-end solutions to the market, reducing the risk and cost to our customers of simplifying business governance and automating user provisioning, access and security monitoring processes."
At Novell BrainShare® 2008, SAP and Novell also announced a collaboration within the SAP Enterprise Services Community program, hosted by SAP, to strengthen customers' governance, risk and compliance practices by supporting business access risk policies directly to user provisioning activities.
"With SAP GRC Access Control, companies can identify and reduce access and authorization risks in cross-enterprise IT systems by matching employees' authorizations with their roles and duties to help prevent fraud and also reduce the cost of continuous compliance and control," said Holly Roland, vice president of marketing, SAP Solutions for GRC. "The solution features user-provisioning capabilities to help customers manage compliant access across their varied IT landscapes. Novell's integration of Novell Identity Manager with SAP GRC Access Control extends our application's provisioning capabilities to virtually any IT landscape."
Six Identity and Security Management Solutions Optimized for Use with SAP Solutions
Novell identity and security management solutions for use with SAP solutions deliver extensive business benefits for customers. Today, more than 700 enterprises worldwide are using Novell identity and security management solutions with their SAP applications. With Novell, SAP customers can achieve dramatic reductions in the overall cost of provisioning and can demonstrate to auditors a complete, provable chain of policy-based and compliant decisions about who should get access to what.
Novell offers six solutions integrated to fit seamlessly into the SAP enterprise solution-based environment:
- Novell Identity and Security Management for Small and Medium Enterprises: Prepackaged add-on identity and security solution to quickly enable security and user management for small and medium-sized enterprises. This solution leverages Novell best practices, thus greatly reducing IT overhead by lowering the cost and time spent on deploying and implementing identity and security management software.
- Novell Enterprise Security Monitoring for SAP Solution-based Environment: Novell is the only vendor to offer identity-enabled security and information event monitoring for SAP solutions. Novell Sentinel(TM) provides monitoring, event correlation, policy validation, auditing and reporting and analyzes identity and access activities across enterprise systems to automate data gathering. Novell Sentinel helps ensure the infrastructure is operating in accordance to SAP business policy, the enterprise is enforcing its compliance objectives, and both IT and application managers are immediately alerted to potential security risks.
- Novell Identity Management for SAP Solution-based Environment: Novell Identity Manager provides identity provisioning, integration and synchronization between disparate systems. Created, deleted or modified user accounts in SAP Human Capital Management are automatically propagated across all SAP applications and other enterprise applications, reducing the amount of time and money administrators spend performing the same task several times. Identity Manager also enables revoking of user access rights across every SAP application with a single action so access to corporate resources can be modified or deleted appropriately when responsibilities change or an employee leaves the organization.
- Novell Access Management and Identity Federation for SAP Solution-based Environment: Novell Access Manager(TM) enables consistent, enterprise-wide access policy enforcement, including robust Web access management, Web single sign-on and identity federation across SAP applications.
- Novell Enterprise Single Sign-on for SAP Solution-based Environment: Providing comprehensive single sign-on for SAP applications and streamlined access to corporate resources while improving security compliance, Novell SecureLogin reduces the number of passwords users are required to remember, enforces the use of stronger passwords and enables users to reset lost or forgotten passwords.
- Novell Physical and Logical Security Convergence for SAP Solution-based Environment: This solution ensures government and corporate compliance mandates are met and increases security by enforcing building, location and system access based on SAP business policy. Building access control is integrated into the SAP enterprise solution-based environment to manage access to buildings as part of overall user management.
"Our industry-leading identity and security management solutions make it easier to automate, validate and enforce IT controls in real-time," said Jim Ebzery, senior vice president of Identity and Security Management at Novell. "By integrating our identity and security management solutions with the SAP solution-based environment, we are uniquely positioned to help enterprises fully leverage the governance, risk and compliance capabilities of SAP solutions. With Novell, SAP customers can improve operational efficiencies by managing vital provisioning, access control and monitoring functions, as well as link business policies directly to user provisioning software."
For more information about Novell's identity and security management portfolio in support of SAP solutions, visit www.novell.com/partners/sap.
Die Nutzung von hier veröffentlichten Informationen zur Eigeninformation und redaktionellen Weiterverarbeitung ist in der Regel kostenfrei. Bitte klären Sie vor einer Weiterverwendung urheberrechtliche Fragen mit dem angegebenen Herausgeber. Bei Veröffentlichung senden Sie bitte ein Belegexemplar an firstname.lastname@example.org.