NCR Announces 2008 Second-Quarter Results(PresseBox) (Augsburg, )
- Total revenue growth of 13 percent versus Q2-2007
- Double-digit revenue growth across key geographies
- GAAP EPS from continuing operations was $0.26 per diluted share; non-GAAP EPS from continuing operations was $0.40 per diluted share(1)
- Cash provided by operating activities from continuing operations improved $85 million versus Q2-2007
- NCR repurchased approximately 5 million shares in the second quarter
NCR reported financial results today for the three months ended June 30, 2008. Reported revenue of $1.33 billion increased 13 percent over the second quarter of 2007 and included approximately 5 percentage points of benefit from foreign currency translation.
NCR reported second-quarter income from continuing operations of $45 million, or $0.26 per diluted share, compared to $51 million or $0.28 per diluted share in the second quarter of 2007. Income from continuing operations for the second quarter of 2008 included $32 million ($23 million after-tax) in costs, or $0.14 per diluted share, resulting from organizational realignment activities. In the second quarter of 2007, income from continuing operations included $6 million of after-tax costs, or $0.03 per diluted share, related to the manufacturing realignment, a tax adjustment related to prior periods, and the Fox River environmental matter. Excluding these items, non-GAAP earnings from continuing operations(1) in the second quarter of 2008 were $0.40 per diluted share, which compares to $0.31 per diluted share in the prior year period.
The complete news release on second-quarter results is available on NCR.com at:http://www.ncr.com/...